Urgent Call for Support and Review System Overhaul: A Community Plea

Dear Developers and Staff,

As we navigate the challenges within our creative space, it has become increasingly clear that the longstanding issues with our support and review system require immediate and focused attention. These difficulties have not only persisted over time but have also significantly impeded our ability to fully engage with and contribute to the platform. It’s imperative now, more than ever, that we address these concerns head-on for the benefit of the entire community.

The delays and inconsistencies in the review process have effectively placed many projects in a state of uncertainty, preventing us from moving forward and diminishing our enthusiasm. The lack of clear communication and transparency from the support team, especially in cases of content rejection, has further compounded this frustration.

This situation not only affects individual creators but also stifles the overall growth and dynamism of our platform. The arbitrary nature of some decisions, coupled with a lack of detailed feedback, leaves us in a cycle of guesswork and inefficiency, detracting from the time and resources that could be better spent on innovation and improvement.

We understand and appreciate the complexities of managing a large, interactive platform and the importance of safeguarding user safety. However, we firmly believe that a robust, transparent, and efficient support and review system is foundational to achieving these goals. Improving this system will not only enhance our creative endeavors but also ensure a healthier, more vibrant community.

In light of these challenges, we propose that addressing these issues be made the highest priority, even above the introduction of new features. While new features are always welcomed, their value is diminished if the foundational support system limits their potential. A commitment to overhauling the support and review processes will undoubtedly benefit 100% of our community, unlocking our full creative and operational potential.

We urge you to consider this plea as a call to action. By prioritizing these improvements, we can collectively ensure a more positive, productive, and inclusive environment for all members of our community.

With respect and anticipation for positive changes,

Gyrogodzilla66
and the whole uefn/fortnite creative community

@Gyrogodzilla66 Thank you for your feedback. While I cannot guarantee a response, I can confirm that this has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

1 Like

To add a recent/on-going anecdotal experience -

I had my monetization suspended a couple weeks ago, I still don’t know why or what I did to cause such an aggressive action to be taken against my account without any warning. I’ve reached out via the support system, whose only response so far (12 days) has been that they are “investigating”. I’ve also attempted to reach out via discord to epic employees who are either unable to assist, or simply don’t respond.

None of my islands have been disabled, so I’m not even sure which island caused the suspension. I currently seem to have no way of knowing the cause of the suspension; This has resulted in me abstaining from even attempting to publish anything.

End users are typically not telepathic, we can not read the minds of Epic’s moderation staff. How can Epic expect any end user to avoid repeating a behavior that led to an account action if the end users aren’t explicitly told what their violation was?

It’s unreasonable for Epic to expect an end user to make any meaningful (or correct) change when the only feedback being provided is: “content within your island”. There are 10k+ actors in there, you want to stab in the dark and try to guess which one is the problem?

3 Likes

Here’s the simplest solution to improve 99% of failed review cases:

Add a MUST-to-fill textbox for map moderators with following question:

What has to change to pass review process?

Example answers:

• Remove arrow from the thumbnail
  • Select “Often depicted from a close-up perspective” violence in IARC form
  • Remove call-to-action text from texture: folder/other_folder/abc
  • Remove “LEGO” from map description
  • Remove gun pointed at other character from the thumbnail

This addition will save hundreds of hours wasted on both creators and support side. It’s a bit ridiculous that almost nothing improved since UEFN release and we still have to guess what’s wrong with our maps. For example:

“Content within your creative island” and quoted rule are way too broad. In many cases it’s simply impossible to find what reviewer had in mind…

5 Likes

Free Wasti. :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:
He’s a good guy, he’s taught me so much, he doesn’t deserve to be in Metaverse jail.

+1 For greater transparency in the review and moderation system. It’s not acceptable to have an account actioned for “content within your island” when we as users of UEFN are earning our salary from our islands’ performance. We cannot rectify moderation issues if we are not given actionable issues to address.

1 Like

Bumping this.
Actionable solution-based feedback is extremely valuable and I hope that this is looked at and discussed internally. :pray: