Urban Trash Pack Vol 1

Hello everyone.

I’d like to introduce myself by presenting my first Unreal Marketplace asset pack:

Urban Trash Volume 1:
*A selection of high quality trash cans, garbage containers and debris, perfect for adding an authentic layer of grunge to urban environments. *

I built this asset pack with care and attention to detail. They’re built primarily to be used in desktop applications, but I’ve also included LOD models (and the textures can be mipped) for lower-end games.
Here are some images:

I’m an experienced artist in the industry, and have shipped several high-profile games. I’ve recently gone full-time freelance so that I can focus my energy where it matters to me the most: content creation!

I’d be really grateful of some initial feedback for this asset pack, so that I might improve it and further submissions. This was submitted a couple of weeks ago, so I’m hoping it might make an appearance on the Marketplace soon! :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading!

Nice idea for a pack. Can I suggest adding a couple of “mounds” of ****. I mean sort of rubble mounds and that kind of thing. Perhaps a couple of decals too with magazines and the associated junk.

One thing you might want to do, is get together a scene like an alleyway with the packs contents shown off in it. I always prefer to buy packs where they have a scene showing what the final usage might look like. Makes me happier that there’s enough to put together a finished scene at least.

Does the chicken leg have collision so it can rattle inside that box?

I definitely would like to see these assets rendered in a few pre-existing scenes that Epic provides, as opposed to a new scene like zoombapup is suggesting; just so I can see how they hold up under different lighting conditions. If that looks good, I’ll hand over my money.

I NEED those wheelie bins!

However, the models need roughing up by that I mean some wear and tear marks to make it look more…uh…trashy. As they are, they look a bit too clean and polished. Perhaps add some grundge decals to the bins, more prominent stains on the card board and crease/dent those cups and cans.

Trash bags look dope. Love your work from DmC.

Nice idea for a pack. Can I suggest adding a couple of “mounds” of ****. I mean sort of rubble mounds and that kind of thing. Perhaps a couple of decals too with magazines and the associated junk.

One thing you might want to do, is get together a scene like an alleyway with the packs contents shown off in it. I always prefer to buy packs where they have a scene showing what the final usage might look like. Makes me happier that there’s enough to put together a finished scene at least.
[/QUOTE]

Yes! I’d definitely like to add mounds/decal piles too. They were in my initial spec for this pack, but I dropped them due to time constraints. You’re not the first to mention it though, so I’ll definitely be making some of those.
I’ll whip up a “demo” scene as well, since a few have mentioned it. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the feedback.

I NEED those wheelie bins!

However, the models need roughing up by that I mean some wear and tear marks to make it look more…uh…trashy. As they are, they look a bit too clean and polished. Perhaps add some grundge decals to the bins, more prominent stains on the card board and crease/dent those cups and cans.

Trash bags look dope. Love your work from DmC.
[/QUOTE]

Hi ! I deliberately chose to make these items kinda clean, so that they could be used in a wider variety of scenarios. However, I like your idea of making them extra grungy. I’ll consider doing an alternate textures set for the really damaged ones. Thank you for your feedback and compliments!

Does the chicken leg have collision so it can rattle inside that box?

I definitely would like to see these assets rendered in a few pre-existing scenes that Epic provides, as opposed to a new scene like zoombapup is suggesting; just so I can see how they hold up under different lighting conditions. If that looks good, I’ll hand over my money.
[/QUOTE]

Hi. Currently, the box with chicken is a single mesh. I could easily detach the two meshes so that they could collide though, great idea :slight_smile: The materials are made using a PBR workflow, and were tested in various light conditions. I agree that I should demonstrate this with some test scenes, I’ll get right on it. Thank you for the feedback!

Hi, this pack looks really good. Just a question, are those lids animated or they’re static?

A nice approach might be to sell your meshes clean but have another pack on offer that are just decals to complement your meshes. This way a user has the freedom to apply whatever decal they want and you get to provide customers with an ever increasing pack of decals and meshes that have perfect synergy. The combinations could be endless!

Hi BardicKnowledge, the lids are all static at the moment - but they have their pivots in the correct place, so they could be opened/animated etc. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the thoughtful suggestion! I’ve added that to my growing list of things to improve, and I appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

Urban Trash Pack Volume 1 - Available Now

Hello everyone,

Urban Trash Pack Volume 1 - now available on Marketplace!

Just a quick note to say that my trash pack is now live on the Marketplace :slight_smile:

Urban Trash Volume 1:
*A selection of high quality trash cans, garbage containers and debris, perfect for adding an authentic layer of grunge to urban environments. *

I built this asset pack with care and attention to detail. They’re built primarily to be used in desktop applications, but I’ve also included LOD models (and the textures can be mipped) for lower-end games.
Here are some images:

I received some really valuable feedback from members of this forum and I am looking at implementing some of the changes that were requested. There were some great suggestions that didn’t make it into the first submission, but I hope to add in a future update. Thank you so much for viewing this post and for all the feedback so far!

The soda cans look unopened. Can you confirm? If so I would suggest changing this. Only crazy people chuck away unopened cans of soda.

Ah, yes I see what you mean! I figured this asset would be quite small on screen, so opted not to have the extra geometry to hollow it out. I’ll do what I can to improve the appearance of this before the next update! Thanks for the feedback!

Who needs geometry, paint it black! :slight_smile:

Do a separate, opened mesh. Some people might want the unopened can, too.

Good catch!