Download

Uproperty category not showing in blueprint editor

Hi,

Im running through the 3rd person power up tutorial and have hit a snag. The properties declared in the code are not showing up in the blueprint editor.

I have declared the following:

UPROPERTY(VisibleAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category=Power)
float m_PowerLevel;

float m_SpeedFactor;

float m_BaseSpeed;

I was expecting a Power category to appear in with the other catgories e.g.: camera and rendering but it does not show. I have selected “Show Inherited Variables”.

Everything builds fine and I close and reopen the editor after a successful build.

I am building for IOS and running on mac.

Can anyone explain what I need to do to get the “Power” category to show please?

Cheers

It seems that I cannot add a property to an existing category either…

I added this line to the class declaration expecting the var to show in the Camera category but it didn’t show either…

[FONT=Courier New]UPROPERTY(VisibleAnywhere, BlueprintReadOnly, Category = Camera, meta = (AllowPrivateAccess = “true”))
float myNumber;

I saved changes, rebuilt successfully in Xcode and reopened the project in the editor.

Is there anything else I have to do?

I feel Im missing something basic here :frowning:

Finally sorted this out, I had to compile and reload the code through the editor. I thought it was enough to compile in Xcode and then relaunch the editor but it also needs to be built in the editor.