Uproperty category not showing in blueprint editor

Hi,

Im running through the 3rd person power up tutorial and have hit a snag. The properties declared in the code are not showing up in the blueprint editor.

I have declared the following:

UPROPERTY(VisibleAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category=Power)
float m_PowerLevel;

float m_SpeedFactor;

float m_BaseSpeed;

I was expecting a Power category to appear in with the other catgories e.g.: camera and rendering but it does not show. I have selected “Show Inherited Variables”.

Everything builds fine and I close and reopen the editor after a successful build.

I am building for IOS and running on mac.

Can anyone explain what I need to do to get the “Power” category to show please?

Cheers

It seems that I cannot add a property to an existing category either…

I added this line to the class declaration expecting the var to show in the Camera category but it didn’t show either…

[FONT=Courier New]UPROPERTY(VisibleAnywhere, BlueprintReadOnly, Category = Camera, meta = (AllowPrivateAccess = “true”))
float myNumber;

I saved changes, rebuilt successfully in Xcode and reopened the project in the editor.

Is there anything else I have to do?

I feel Im missing something basic here :frowning:

Finally sorted this out, I had to compile and reload the code through the editor. I thought it was enough to compile in Xcode and then relaunch the editor but it also needs to be built in the editor.

I am in UE5… what do you mean by “built in the editor”? I cannot see an option to re-build or re-compile anywhere, just the various launch options

I had the same issue and I believe I figured it out. Building in the editor most likely refers to Live Coding. Make sure you have Live Code enabled in your editor preferences (note that this will no longer allow you to build using VS while Live Coding is enabled) and then press ctrl + alt + f11 to summon Live Coding. This should start the build process in the editor and refresh the editor screen, omitting the need to restart your editor to see the changes you made to any UPROPERTY modifiers.