When selecting a component in a blueprint, any categories that also have subcategories will appear in the details panel along with the component’s details. This was occurring in my own project and I was able to reproduce it in a new Third person project (though an empty one should also work).
- Create a new Third person template project in 4.12 (optional).
- Open the ThirdPersonCharacter Blueprint (or create a new one and add any component to it).
- Add a new variable and set it’s category to any subcategory (ie: “MyCategory|SubCat”).
- Compile the blueprint.
- Ensure you have the details panel open (Window → Details Panel).
- Click on the CharacterMovement component (or any component) and look at the details panel. Among the properties of the component you will see the variable you just made.
Details panel before adding the variable:
Adding the variable:
Details panel after adding the variable (step 3):
Note: the “CustomCodeCategory” was added in the BP’s base class to test if it happened from code too.