Uploading/Updating Existing Mod Error

I didn’t take offense at all from anything you said. You just kept shoving this resolution down my throat via here, on my workshop item, and on another thread. That to me, is not appropriate, and leads me to believe you just assume I’m incompetent. Anyone else in my shoes would feel the same way I think. You provided it as a factual resolution, and kept re-introducing it like it was a concept I couldn’t understand. Twice or 3 times for clarity purposes is understandable, but past that point one just assumes it’s something else, and it starts to feel like the person just doesn’t want to listen to you, or believe you. You also as you stated, had a very matter-of-fact attitude about it, which is why I felt you we’re shoving it down my throat.

I’m not here to argue or waste time contemplating why this even is an issue. I’m here to get help and help others. End of story. I appreciate your help Drathek, but again providing the same resolution a number of times tends to not ever really help things if its been well established that is not working.

Moving on, I’ll update with news once my Dev Kit is done updating.

Note: I did say thank you several times Drathek. Stop being silly. In case it wasn’t clear, I do appreciate your initial help you tried to provide, just not the 4 other times after that where you provided the same resolutions.

Great, now it’s like Dad punched Mom at the dinner table. AWKWARD.

Can’t we all just get along?!

Had exact the same issue.
Finaly it worked for me by uploading my mod with ARKDevKit/ModTools/ArkModTools.exe after changeing mod.db and vdf (dont know if both is necessary).
Hope that helps!

Treat others the way you want to be treated is what my mother taught me. I don’t think everyone’s mother got their message through though. Also let’s not add to the drama now shall we? :stuck_out_tongue: As far as I’m concerned this issue was over before it began (in terms of the stupid drama), and never needed to even reach the climax it did.

PS: Mom shouldn’t be trolling at Dinner time! People take their food seriously! What did she think was gonna happen? :stuck_out_tongue: (Just trying to continue to lighten the mood lol)

Thank you Potato for one of the few relevant responses (at this point). I appreciate you staying on topic good sir, and for the useful info that no one else had presented thus far. I will try that out here shortly to see if it works.

@ You are awesome good sir. That worked and I’m now happily able to update my mod! Thanks a ton!

So it seems that the uploader built in to the Dev Kit just over-rides any changes made to the VDF and mod.db (mod.db was fine in my case). Good to know.

Dev’s: I think you guys should make a sticky about this issue. Not all of us experienced it, but I still think it would save a bunch of people the headache myself and a few others have experienced.

Man these uploader problems. x.x It sucked until I figured out how to work around pretty much all of them.

@Sin Hi =D

Well, I informed the Dev Team about it, so it should get fixed soon hopefully.

And hi Shadow! How are you good sir? :smiley:

Yea you guys shouldn’t have to revert to using the old standalone tool. Don’t seem to see this same issue here with the in editor uploader. Anyone have of a good repo case from a fresh dev kit install?

Issue is still persisting here and I’m still using the old tool to upload. I might reinstall here at some point over the next couple of days and try again. Do I need to be concerned about any references breaking when I reinstall?