Uploaded to itch.io as a free game, want to know where I stand on royalties if people donate

Hello all! So I uploaded a free game I have been working on to itch.io, and I know that Epic requires royalty payments, but I have 2 questions, 1: What if people donate? It is a free game with the option to donate. That requires royalty too right? And 2: How does Epic get the money? Do I have to manually send them money out of my wallet, is it linked through my pay-pal?

I am just confused by how Epic gets the royalty earnings.

Until I get the knowledge I need, I am just going to turn off payment options.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

This page details how to make royalty payments.

As for donations, this is addressed in Section 4(7). Normally there are no royalties for donations, but if the donations get you game access or in-game benefit, then royalties are owed.

Ok thank you very much :slight_smile: The donations are just an optional payment for if people like the game enough (which the whole game and all content is free with no exceptions) you can send money as support. It doesn’t actually add or unlock anything, just a way for downloaders to say “thank you” if they want to.

One more question, when it says to add things to the credits…my game has none yet. It is more like an experiment and very early access. So where do I need to add these things? Or do I need to quickly add credits?

I guess you could state it at the end of you game description in the store.