Updating transform without delay based on camera vector

I am working on an ADS system that is driven by procedural animations from IK. I’m Currently using some vector math to align the sights to the center of the camera by taking the camera forward vector and adding the sight offset (see screenshots). However, I am experiencing lag when changing aim vertically. The sights will trail behind the crosshair HUD slightly. I assume this is due to tick or calculation delay from the vector math running each frame. Is there a way I can remove this delay and perfectly match the camera forward vector with this setup? Why exactly is this happening?

Some Notes

• I am only using 1 camera

• The weapon is attached to the mesh, but not in a socket. The weapon movement drives the animation for the hands and arms.

• Horizontal aiming does not lag. I assume because it can just inherit the rotation from the controller and doesn’t have to move independently of the mesh.

• Ironsight update function is called by event tick for testing purposes.

Screenshots

Thanks for any help or suggestions. It’s greatly appreciated.

Hello, you may have already solved this but I had a similar issue with my setup. Most likely the problem is that your mesh’s animation BP is running before the Camera transform is being updated which will cause it to be behind by 1 frame always. The solution is to simply go into your mesh’s TickGroup setting and set it to Post Work which will make it’s animation BP’s tick get called after the camera’s transform value has been updated.