Updating to 5.4 from 5.2 caused stuttering / Lagging performance in editor

Hello
I’ve recently recently moved a project from 5.2 to 5.4 and I’ve been experiencing huge performance drops every couple of seconds. I will boot up the engine and it’ll work fine for the first couple of minutes but then after some use it’ll begin to stutter.
Looking at performance of GPU and CPU isn’t showing anything alarming, in fact everything is pretty standard.
I’ve tried verifying the engine, disabling UDP messaging plugin, lowering scalability settings, updated GPU drivers to the latest and I still get the stuttering. This has happened on two different projects that moved from 5.2 to 5.4.

Here’s my specs for reference. I do understand my PC is a bit older now but keep in mind that 5.2 was working absolutely fine.
Specs:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
  • Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUS), ~3.2GHz
  • 32GB RAM
  • DirectX 12
  • Windows 10

Any solutions will be much appreciated! Thanks, all

Hey @Hammys_gone_nuts!

Yeah, you shouldn’t be having any issues with that setup unless you’re doing a LOT.

One thing you want to make sure of is that windows isn’t set to auto-determine what graphics processor to use, but to guarantee use of your dedicated graphics card. This has been an issue I’ve seen often over the past year, in games as well as other graphically intensive things, and depending on the chipset on the motherboard and how well the two are integrated, some see issues only after certain updates, and some never have. I personally have experienced this, and this has been the solution for others 95%~ of the time.