[UPDATED] UI Navigation

Greetings!

In August this year I released my first plugin on the UE4 marketplace. It’s a free and open-source plugin that allows UE4 devs to make menus in UMG that can be navigated with any type of input in an easy and flexible way. You make the menu once, and it’ll work on a PC game with Gamepad support, a console game without mouse and keyboard inputs, etc.

The reason why I’m making this post is to announce that I have recently released an update for the plugin that allows you to easily setup Input Rebinding in your menus!

Here’s the link to the marketplace page, which includes a more in-depth explanation of the plugin and a few tutorials: UI Navigation in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace

If you guys have any questions about the plugin feel free to let me know :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Í know others too have reported a lot of crashing, but I can assume I just doing something wrong or not enough? I start new level, change game mode to UI Nav GameMode. Start level, Menu appears. I go click some in key remaps, after some time it crashes editor. I missed something essential? Thank You.
EDIT:
Crash happens when some seconds spent on opened inputs remap section. Other sections seems to be okay. Editor crashes with following message (number may vary, but it is always about Array index out of bounds):

Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:D:\RocketSync\4.19.1-3989454+++UE4+Release-4.19\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 610] Array index out of bounds: 50 from an array of size 49

Could you help maybe with this? Thank You.

Hi ThunderOwl,

I’m sorry for the late reply, but this issue has been fixed. It was a weird one, because it wasn’t happening in my machine the same way that it was on everyone else’s. This lead me to not noticing the issue immediately.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hello! Yes, we had good communication on that, I am glad that thing was fixed. I see on github, some new updates are coming? :slight_smile:

Hi! is there an option to translate the mouse cursor and input to gamepad? Like a virtual cursor.

Thanks.

Yes!

I’m currently working on the 2.0 version of the plugin which will change a few things, in order to make other things easier and allow for more features (whilst keeping the plugin’s usability)!

I’m also working on something else related to the plugin I’m not yet ready to announce, but I’m hoping people will enjoy it!

I’m sorry to say that the plugin does not support that in any way :confused:

I’m afraid you’ll have to come up with your own solution for that.