i know it took me far longer that i would’ve liked, but in the end i keep my promises
The TopDown Toolkit has been updated and already submitted to Epic:
- 4.7 support
- Multiplayer / Network support
- Sample RTS Camera with configurable border-scroll-speed
- Added a Fire-trap (every topdown game should have one of these )
- various small bug fixes
- Enemies can now be configured to directly chase the player as soon as they spawn without any LOS checks etc
- cleanup of the included skill system / made it more readable
Whats in the pipeline?
Rewrite of functionality to Blueprint Components
What does it mean?
This is probably the most important thing after networking support. For example there will be a “HealthComponent”
that you can assign to a character. He then automatically has health and reacts to damage, without the need to copy blueprint networks around (quite similar to components in Unity)
When will it be done?
Originally i wanted to release this already along with the Update for 4.7, unfortunately there is an issue currently with Blueprint Actor Components not replicating correctly.
As soon as Epic fixed that, i will release an update that contains the change to Components, as most of it is already finished and just has to be tested internally.
- Video tutorials coming soon!
If you have any request for features that you would like to see included in the next update, just post it here and if its feasible i will most probably get it in.