Update VCam app for 5.4 not connecting

I’m trying to get the new VCam app working with 5.4 but running into troubles with the pixel streaming. The new app detects that there is an unreal instance open and has a vcam in it but will fail to connect. I had the previous app version running in 5.3 last week using remote session as I couldn’t get pixel streaming working then either. Obviously I can’t do that anymore so would like to know what I’m missing to get this running. Have trolled through docs and forums posts on vcam and pixel streaming but so far nothing is working for me. Both devices are on same network, pc is in private network mode for discoverability and have made port exceptions in the firewall. VCam in the scene is enabled, pixel streaming output is set to active, project settings configured the same as when I had vcam working via remote session.

1 Like

Yeah I’m also having a hard time with this update. Kind of SOL because I just replaced my iphone so I can’t rollback to the previous version. Had no problems 3 weeks ago with the previous one.

Do you see the HUD on your screen in UE?

Yeah I can see the HUD. This is also what is in the log output from when adding VCam actor into the level. I’m also monitoring it when connecting with iPad incase it spits some kind of connection rejected message but there’s been nothing like that, just the auto ping pong messages

Have also tried connect to the signalling server in a browser with ws://127.0.0.1:8888 and 127.0.0.1:8888 and getting no response. The ws version gives me the can’t reach site error and the other version say the page isn’t working and didn’t send any data.

You don’t need the port number just the IP. Also, is Windows Defender active? If it is, it’s worth temporarily disabling to see if it’s blocking you.

Having the exact same issue in 5.4, works fine in 5.3 though. Both are using the exact same settings.

Same computer and ipad as well?

yeah no device changes at all

Last thing I can think of is the viewport you are trying to connect too. Sometimes there is no “Viewport 1” that is default to the vcam.