Update Reflection Capture on Runtime

Hello,
now that i solved my UMG / Material Change >problem< I have a new problem

I get the materials to change, i.e. the floor. But when my wood floor switches to a carpet, the reflections in the glass and other reflective surfaces are still of the wood…

Can I update reflection captures during runtime?

I thought of turning the ReflectionCapture objects into Blueprints, give them a Custom event that fires a “Update Capture” and then trigger these each time a new material has been chosen via UMG Material Switching…

My problem is: I cannot find a node that says something like “update Capture” and my Google-Fu is kinda low today and I cannot find anything about this…

Can you tell me if
a) this is possible during runtime
b) a node that can actually do this
c) my idea of linking the blueprints make any sense

Thank you very much and have a great day!

// Question also asked in the forum

According to the doco, the reflection cannot be refreshed at runtime, I supposed, if it’s built.

Reflections update in real time during editing to aid in placement but are static at runtime

The sphere reflection capture doco also says that it’s calculated before runtime

You didn’t mean to recapture the sky by any chance?

Hey , thanks for your answer.

Yeah I read the docs and that, but I was hoping I could somehow get around it…
I am working on a ArchViz where i show a Office Space with big windows and conference room glass walls…
and the interactivity is supposed to be different materials on floor, tables, etc… but if my Refl Capture does not update after material change it just looks wrong…

No Chance to get around that?

Not that I know of, a potential answer is to try remove the overly shiny objects in the scene? Or having to reflection captured for them? Maybe you should ask the archviz section of the forum. They might have had the same problem in the past.

Any One knows how to spawn it with specified cubemap?