Update Random Integer in Range without event tick?

Is there a way to update a variable other than using an event tick?

In my case I have a Random Integer in Range that I want to update at random. Is this possible?

Use a Custom Event. Or any other event that does not fire every frame.

For example:

Many ways.

What triggers it? Is it supposed to be on a timer and switch every X seconds or something that happens in the world triggers it?

Yeah, I tried that and it only chooses one integer when I hit play. Any way for it to switch randomly during gameplay?

What I’m doing is using a state in anim BP with Blend Poses by int to switch between a couple new idle animations if the character isn’t doing anything. Then referencing integer in the character BP. So I’m thinking a random integer is chosen every time the character is currently in the idle animation state. Not sure how to set that up though. The enter transition for the state is speed = 0 and current state time = X seconds > result

So I figured I could use a retriggerable delay and put it in a loop using a custom event, but if there’s any other solutions for what I described I’d love to hear em

Just figured it out, used a custom anim notify when state event is entered and set random integer in the event graph