Update Ark dev Kit Pls

Please Update the Ark dev kit to UE Engine 4.12 Functions…its a pian to paint all by urself when u can use such powerfull tool as grass tool and the new experimental foliage tool

They can’t add tool tips to variables… I highly doubt your going to see this happen. It would possibly be a tone of work and might even break the game for months while they got it all up to new standards. They don’t want that hassle I highly doubt.

why they just have to recompile the dlls from the source if i had the source i would do it by myself…where is teh problem to update the same engine…with some new functions…so you say they wont update cause it takes time to compile new or waht …i dont understand…normally a tool get updates and alle other stuff gets updates what if the ark dev kit is to old to work with the entire engine …will they update the dev kit to the new version then…

i dont understand how it could be because the UE update tells you you can convert teh shootergame dll and stuff so why not doing it to 4.12.3 ??? i just need the source wich is not anymore on github…

i dont want to programm the plugins myself …to have a grass layer paint tool…its possible but much of programming work and teh engine has it already implemented…i think i just overwrite all maybe it works xDDD thx

They most likely wont implement any new features to ADK as they are done building their map, they dont need these tools, they just need to import new assets and things like that. besides that grass feature was requested to be added by me roughly a year ago

i have had games i made in 4.8 and update to 4.10 then to 4.11 break. The upgrade isnt perfect as the warning they give you states. Things that worked a certain way in one version may not work the same in the other. sometimes work arounds are done in an earlier version to account for bugs in that version that then are patched out in newer versions and cause new bugs, if you dont understand this im sorry for you. Sometimes you update engine version with no issues. sometimes it causes your entire project to be easier to be redone from scratch. Layer that on top of the fact the dev kit is custom coded and when its updated to the new version all that custom code would have to be redone compounds the issue. it isnt rocket science to understand how a huge jump in version could cause a catastophic failure in a complex system…