UnrealVS and newer builds of Windows 10

Okay, not sure if anybody else had this happen, but on the last two builds of Windows 10, after setting up windows, then Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate, and then UE4, when I open the UnrealVS file, it will not install, saying that I dont have the right .net on here. Even though I do. I formated, did reverted back to older builds of Windows, and did not have a problem. Also, if you have .net 4.6, installed before 4.5, it may not work. I did fine a fix, and here it is.

Okay, so if you open the UnrealVS.vsix file in winrar/winzip, and extract it, open and edit the file “extension.vsixmanifest” and look where the following line is.

<Dependency Id="Microsoft.Framework.NDP" DisplayName="Microsoft .NET Framework" Version="4.5" />

and change it to

<Dependency Id="Microsoft.Framework.NDP" DisplayName="Microsoft .NET Framework" Version="4.5,)" />

now, if you have any updates past .net 4.5 it will let you install and you will be fine.

dont forget to zip it back up, and that the extension is .vsix and not .zip

btw, if you have installed either the new win 10 build, or visual studio 2015, i think it updates to a higher .net and that causes this problem.

oh, and after a bit of searching, and looking for less specific searches, I found others with the same problem with other files, and thats how it was fixed, here is where I found what I did if case anybody was wondering.
https://github.com/adamdriscoll/poshtools/pull/174/files again, that link has nothing to do with UnrealVS or UE4, but had the same problem/fix for me.

Thanks for help. This solution also helps in the same situation on win7x64 SP1.

Thanks for sharing CloDel! It’s all working now! :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll look into changing this in our version.

This will be supported from UnrealVS 1.40.

Nice catch!

+1, good find!

Useful. thanks.