UnrealPDX - Portland, OR - Creating procedural content in Houdini - Friday May 31, 2019

Click here to RSVP

Details
Houdini is an app that enables artists to create procedural content using a node-based, non-destructive workflow. It’s historically been used for film, but in recent years it has gained a suite of tools that cater to the needs of game developers, including a plugin that allows deep integration with Unreal Engine 4.

Ross will give an overview of what Houdini is, how you can use it with Unreal, and show off some examples of the tools in action. The presentation will be followed by a Q&A session.

If you have questions or want to connect with attendees before the meetup, join our Discord server (Unreal PDX) and find us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/unrealpdx).

About the Speaker
Nearly 20 years ago, I signed up at the Art Institute of Portland to begin my journey into CG and what a journey it has been. In that time we have gone from 24hr/frame renders to real time photo real ray tracing. I have had the wonderful opportunity to work on some amazing projects. From feature films to mobile games, from television and commercials to AAA titles.

I have been writing code since I was a child in 6th grade. When my mom bought me a computer for christmas instead of an Atari, I was not happy, but I learned to love that Commodore 64 and soon after I was logging onto what would eventually become the world wide web.

CG has been a part of my life since the very beginning, and of course, so has animation. What a gift to be able to combine the two greatest interests of my life for a career.