unrealengine 5.4.1_ fatal error after start a project.

hi, can anyone help to fix the “fatal crash”. it occurring after a project open. please ref the attached error pic for ref.

Try deleting the folder DerivedDataCache & running your project. It should rebuild the shaders and run.

@3dRaven where is it located? can you please guide me through the work flow?

Open the folder of your project and it should look something like this

Delete DerivedDataCache and then run your uproject.

If you are running the epic games launcher then go to the MY PROJECTS area and right click your project and choose “Show in folder”. It will open up the directory where your project is on your hard drive.
show_in_folder

It could be caused by stale cache that is still from 5.4.0 that no longer works with 5.4.1. Once you delete it and re-run the project it should rebuild the cache so that it works with the newest hotfix.

1 Like

@3dRaven thanks i did as you said. i have noticed that when i opened a metahuman folder in version 5.4.1, my engine crashes. how to fix it?

actually, i want to use the metahuman on UE motion design.

I don’t use metahumans in my projects, so I can’t really help in that regards.

Maybe check if you can update / upgrade the Quixel Bridge plugin. I think that is used to synchronize metahuman. If it’s out of date then maybe it might be causing the problem.

ok i will try.

I get a similar but different fatal error everytime I want to open an old or even totally new project with the latest version 5.4.1

hi all, can anyone advise me to fix this error. still i didn’t find the solution.