Download

UnrealBuildTool documentation

So, I’m working on my first UE4 project. Currently, I’m tasked with making a Game Plugin wrapper for an external library I maintain. It is pretty early in the project and I keep running in to trouble writing out options for the Build.cs project for the file. I can’t seem to find any documentation on the UnrealBuildTool extensions. I have a lot of UnrealBuildTool 101 questions and I was wondering if anyone could send me to the developer documentation.

I was looking for where to find all the possible enum values of UnrealTargetPlatform or what members a ReadOnlyTargetRules has. I’ve been googling all night, but I keep getting hits on the same high level documentation or XML file documentation. So, I keep falling back to reading examples of other build.cs projects I find on github. Hopping I can lean on some experience and get pointed in the right direction.

You’re lucky.
I even restored my password to reply here for you, otherwise, I know, this post will hang here alone forever like thousands of other questions here.

Here you go. First, you read this:

Second, you “Google source code”(the only way here, really). Here is what I found in the Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.xml:
UnrealTargetPlatform.Win32
UnrealTargetPlatform.Win64
UnrealTargetPlatform.HoloLens
UnrealTargetPlatform.Mac
UnrealTargetPlatform.XboxOne
UnrealTargetPlatform.PS4
UnrealTargetPlatform.IOS
UnrealTargetPlatform.Android
UnrealTargetPlatform.Linux
UnrealTargetPlatform.LinuxAArch64
UnrealTargetPlatform.AllDesktop
UnrealTargetPlatform.TVOS
UnrealTargetPlatform.Switch
UnrealTargetPlatform.Quail
UnrealTargetPlatform.Lumin
UnrealTargetPlatform.XXX

And your build script code would look like this:
public ClientImpl( ReadOnlyTargetRules Target ) : base( Target )
{

if(Target.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Win64)