(I would like to apologize for the wall of text, I don’t post on the internet often, but I am completely stumped)
For my senior project, I have been trying to build an RTS using Unreal4. I have pretty much exclusively used blueprints and have been fine so far.
2 days ago my project started crashing on startup, through some research I was able to find a way to open it by disabling auto-compile in the engine settings (https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/4515/bug-critical-my-blueprint-assets-became-un-openabl.html), but compiling certain files still caused the editor to instantly crash.
As I can safely look at the project so long as it doesn’t compile, I have been manually rebuilding my blueprints for the past 2 days. Then I started getting crashes on startup again, but this time disabling auto-compile doesn’t even let me look at them.
At this point I have spent at least 24 working hours trying to get my project back to a working state, and I am at my wit’s end. I don’t know enough about Unreal4 to diagnose the errors and there are only 2 people at my school who use Unreal4 (and I’m one of them), everyone else uses Unity.
Disabling auto-compile does not allow the project to open this time, but it does result in a different error code.
[With auto-compile enabled]
[With auto-compile disabled]
[One of many error log files]
So long as I don’t close and open the project, I can do all the work I want, no crashes or problematic errors (my macros will randomly say they have an error sometimes, but this goes away on its own), until I shut down, then the project crashes on startup.
Here is the function I have been re-implementing for the past 2 hours:
The above function is the only difference between the working project and dead project.
I currently blame the macros, as they have sometimes started refusing to link to themselves throughout this venture.
I’ve cleared saved, intermediate, binaries, DerrivedDataCache, none of them help.