Unreal won't open because of problem with Bridge Plugin

298736-02020.png

So I installed the plugin Quixel Bridge Megascan according to [these instructions][2] and then when I want to open the Unreal Engine it shows me this error message:

Plugin ‘MegascanPlugin’ failed to load because module ‘MegascanPlugin’ could not be loaded. There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly set up.

I have the same issue, now can’t use Unreal Engine and don’t seem to be able to re-install

This is not the first time this plugin make Unreal Engine crash, try to reinstall the engine

I had a similar problem with UE4(4.26) Editor. It would not load and displayed a similar message in a dialog box stating that the Voice Chat plugin was not found or was not a compatible version. When I clicked on the OK button it would just close and exit to the Windows Desktop.

I fixed this by going to my project directory and editing the main project file with a text editor. So let’s say the project dir is /documents/unreal projects/mygame. Go into the mygame dir and, using a decent text editor like notepad++, open the main project file, in this example it would be, mygame.uproject. Find the entry for the plugin that is causing the problem and delete the entry for it.

This worked for me. In the case of the Megascans you could first try just changing the value from true to false. It will look something like the following example:

{
“FileVersion”: 3,
“EngineAssociation”: “4.26”,
“Category”: “”,
“Description”: “”,
“Plugins”: [
{
"Name": “MegascansPlugin”,
“Enabled”: false,

“SupportedTargetPlatforms”: [
“Win64”,
“Mac”,
“Linux”
]
},
{
“Name”: “ActorPalette”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “Water”,
},
{
“Name”: “Volumetrics”,
},
{
“Name”: “SunPosition”,
},
{
“Name”: “Spatialization”,
},
{
“Name”: “SimpleHMD”,
},
{
“Name”: “ShallowWater”,
},
{
“Name”: “RigLogic”,
},
{
“Name”: “PythonScriptPlugin”,
},
{
“Name”: “RemoteControl”,
},
{
“Name”: “RemoteDatabaseSupport”,
},
{
“Name”: “RemoteImport”,
},
{
“Name”: “PythonAutomationTest”,
},
{
“Name”: “StaticMeshEditorExtension”,
},
{
“Name”: “PreLoadScreenMoviePlayer”,
},
{
“Name”: “OnlineSubsystemOculus”,
},
{
“Name”: “OnlineSubsystemSteam”,
},
{
“Name”: “OnlineSubsystemTwitch”,
},
{
“Name”: “OnlineSubsystemGoogle”,
},
{
“Name”: “OnlineSubsystemFacebook”,
},
{
“Name”: “OnlineFramework”,
},
{
“Name”: “OnlineSubsystemAmazon”,
},
{
“Name”: “OculusOpenXR”,
“Enabled”: true,
“SupportedTargetPlatforms”: [
“Win32”,
“Win64”,
“Android”
]
},
{
“Name”: “OculusAudio”,
},
{
“Name”: “ModelingToolsEditorMode”,
},
{
“Name”: “MotionTrailEditorMode”,
},
{
“Name”: “MixedRealityCaptureFramework”,
},
{
“Name”: “LensDistortion”,
},
{
“Name”: “Landmass”,
}
]
}

Hey all. I have re-installed the Engine a couple of times. I have deleted the plugins (both Megascans and Python warnings) and re-installed them. The Quixel Bridge - re-installed. At the end they all fail.

As a result, I now have to use a different solution for the matter - because when the plugins are deleted and or failing to load when installed, you can not import the MetaHuman as a result.

Is there any SOLUTION to the matter to complete the actual objective of the MetaHuman import and use. As I have not been able to do so. The plugins do not work.

I am using an AMD system. Could this be a cause?

Just update quixel bridge plugin.worked for my ue5.3.1

My problem was about the “Bridge” plugin, 5.3 was not opening because of that, 5.2 was working fine, so I managed to fix it by deleting the folder from the plugins folder, for example, “D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Plugins”

1 Like

hey, you are right, thanks for the solution, i was not using the quixel bridge, yesterday was working just fine, but today one day after, i get it this error about the bridge plugin too, so i just deleted the BRIDGE folder from ‘C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.4\Engine\Plugins’

Confirming deleting the Bridge plugin folder resolved this issue for me!