Unreal Tournament 4 does not install

Hi all,

I’m having an issue with trying to install the new UT - it just flat-out won’t. When I have the tab open for it in the UE launcher, it reaches 100%, (sometimes) validates, then goes right back down to 0%. When the tab for UE is open, it notifies me that “installation is corrupt”.

I took a look at the folder it was installed in and there were a ton of files, all looked like they should work, but any attempt to launch UT4 using “UE4Game-Win64-Test.exe” or “UE4-Win64-Test.exe” failed.

Even a fresh install (“remove” option from UE launcher, check folder, reinstall) did not work.

I’m not at all sure why this is happening, or how to fix it - any ideas?

Hi CrimsonIndustry,

First off, try Verifying the install. To do this, click the down-arrow beside of the blue Launch button and select Verify.

If that still doesn’t fix the issue, follow the steps in this section of the troubleshooting guide to generate your Debug logs and upload them here.

Hi Baillard,

It doesn’t even give me the option to Verify - I only get Remove and Resume (or just Install) at any point during the installation.

Attached, please find the log requested.link text

Hi Crimson,

Looking at your files it appears that it failed during the validation process with “Verify failed on UnrealTournament-WindowsNoEditor.pak”

Can you go to this folder: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev\PatchStaging\UnrealTournamentDevLive-Windows\Install\UnrealTournament\Content\Paks

Find that UnrealTournament-WindowsNoEditor.pak file and delete it. It may have gotten corrupted and it will try and it should try to download that file again.

Let me know if that works!

-max B.

I have a problem doing that - I let the install run again so it would install all the needed files, then delete the .pak and hopefully let it validate, but slightly before when the install “finished” (i.e. the “Corrupt Install” message pops up again), Windows notified me that a different .pak was corrupted. The PatchStaging folder is completely empty upon “install”, and the Content\Paks folder is also empty, missing the file stated as corrupted. The total size of the install is 2.06GBwith 1,078 files, which seems very small.

I feel I should also mention that I am attempting to install this on an external hard drive. Though I had hoped by now modern games would be able to do so without issues, this is often not the case, and I am unsure if my installation problems stem from that.

35154-corrupt.png

Hi CrimsonIndustry,

We do not recommend installing the Launcher, editor, or games on an external hard drive. This has been known to cause issues. Some users in the past have managed to install the software but generally it will not operate properly.

Cheers,

TJ