Unreal Stuck at 96%

Hi, I’ve been working on a project in 4.13.2 for a few months and took a few weeks break. When I tried to open my project after the break, the project gets stuck opening at 96%. I reinstalled 4.13.2 and it changed nothing. I downloaded 4.14.1 and tried to open a copy but it too gets stuck. My PC has well beyond the requirements and have never had the issue for years or more specifically with this file that I worked on for months every day with no issues. I am still able to open new projects so I know the editor still works, I just don’t know what could have happened to the project file

Is there a specific reason it won’t open anymore? If the project is somehow permanently messed up, is there a way to migrate its contents to a new working file without doing it in the editor (since I’m unable to view those files in the editor).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hello ncashio,

This could be for a multitude of reasons. Firstly, do you get a crash report or error of any kind or does it just freeze indefinitely? Can you open the project’s directory and upload the log files from the project under Saved/Logs? This should be able to shed some light on what is happening.

Are these the files you want me to upload?

It freezes indefinitely.

I was able to create a new project and copy the content folder from the inaccessible project to the new one and not lose my progress, but I’d still like to know what happened to the original file in case it happens again or if there’s something I’m doing that wrong.

Yes, the text files contained there are the log files that would hopefully be able to show what is going on during the process.

Is it still processing at 96% or has the process stopped?

I have no idea if it is the same thing, but I know when I loaded a project in 4.14 it did the same thing and hung at 96%. I believe it was recompiling all the shaders at that point but it eventually did finish after a very long time.

We haven’t heard from you in a while, ncashio. Are you still experiencing these issues? If so, can you provide the logs that I asked for in my previous comment? In the meantime, I’ll be marking this issue as resolved for tracking purposes.