Unreal Sensei Tutorial Issue

I was following Unreal Sensei’s video " How to Create a Game in Unreal Engine 5" where he uses Electric Dreams Env. Everything works fine on the editor and the game works fine, but when I build and try to run the application on my computer, the player falls through the map instantly. I have checked the build settings numerous times and the collisions seem to be correct as well. What could be the issue?

It could be a few things- most likely being collision on the floor/character, but it might also be that you have the character spawning inside the ground.
If they spawn in the ground, they’ll just fall right through. Try moving the Player Spawn up.

If that isn’t the problem, you should share screenshots for your collision and possibly a short video showing off the issue

Thank you, i have updated the original post with a video and screenshots. The first thing I thought of was the character spawn as well but it is not spawning inside the ground. The build settings are probably the issue but idk what

I think I found your problem. The ground just doesn’t exist when playing- you can see the skybox even when you’re above ground

For now try adding a cube platform of some type that you can land on- that way you can ensure that’s actually the case.

Also, note that you can “Eject” from the player and check around the scene during runtime. The hotkey for that is F8. You can then check around the world and outliner however you need to see what’s happening.

You’re right, the map has no ground when I build the game, but it does when I simulate on the editor.