Unreal Programmer description (Xbox One Experience a must)
Roll7 is a BAFTA Award winning independent game studio and developer of the critically acclaimed OlliOlli series and NOT A HERO. We’re passionate about making amazing games and we’re about to embark on our most ambitious and exciting project yet. You could play a crucial role in helping us achieve it. After the smash hit successes of our 2D titles (OlliOlli, OlliOlli2 and NOT A HERO), this new IP is a 3D, high-octane sports / action title and promises to become yet another exciting member of the Roll7 game family.
Roll7 run development remotely and this role requires the applicant to undertake the vast majority of their work at home. Appropriate equipment, dev kits and software licenses will be supplied as required. There will be travel to London required on an Ad Hoc basis for team meetings / work days and therefore applicants MUST be based in the UK.
This is an opportunity to join the award winning team at Roll7, and, as Unreal Programmer, work with our Lead Programmer and Gameplay Designer to develop the core gameplay systems that power our new IP.
The ideal candidate has experience developing in a multi-person codebase in Unreal, learning other programmer’s code, and writing clean code useable by others on the team. Candidates should have solid technical fundamentals, including strong 3D math, optimization, debugging, and problem solving skills. Candidates are expected to be self-starting and proactive in identifying risk and determining solutions.
This role will initially be a 12 month full time contract.
• Work closely with our team to implement gameplay features and functionality using the Unreal Engine.
• Building up systems that are already there to shippable standard: improving code, audio, animation and graphics resources, tweaking gameplay logic, making systems editable by designers etc
• Create or improve tools as necessary to support specific features/systems.
• Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize on applicable consoles and desktop platforms.
• Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development.
• Minimum 3 years professional game development experience
• Experience of the Unreal Engine (preferably UE4)
• Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
• Solid Understanding of the Xbox One (XRs / TestKits /XBL Services)
• Strong generalist and systems architecture programming skills.
• Comfortable working with internal and externally developed code.
• Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and developers from other disciplines.
• A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of game systems.
• A strong passion for video game development.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with applications.