[PAID] Unreal Programmer
Double Fine has an opening for an ambitious and enthusiastic full time Unreal Engine programmer for its San Francisco development studio. Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining core game systems. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with other developers across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary.
The ideal candidate has experience developing in a multi-person codebase, learning other programmer’s code, and writing clean code useable by others on the team. Candidates should have solid technical fundamentals, including strong 3D math, optimization, debugging, and problem solving skills. Candidates are expected to be self-starting and proactive in identifying risk and determining solutions. They should have a passion for adding the extra polish that sets our games apart.
• Design, develop, and maintain the core game systems that power Double Fine’s games.
• Work closely with designers to implement gameplay features and functionality using the Unreal Engine.
• Create or improve tools as necessary to support specific features/systems.
• Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize on applicable consoles and desktop platforms.
• Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development.
• Minimum 2 years professional game development experience with at least one shipped Unreal Engine title.
• Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
• Strong generalist and systems architecture programming skills.
• Ability to effectively work across a wide range of target platforms, including PCs, consoles, smartphones, and tablets.
• Comfortable working with internal and externally developed code.
• Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and developers from other disciplines.
• A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of game systems.
• A strong passion for video game development.
• U.S. Citizen or appropriate work visas.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or related field.
• Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
• Current Unreal Engine 4 experience including blueprints and C++ implementation.
• Physics Engine proficiency and experience.
How to apply!
For immediate consideration, interested and qualified candidates should apply HERE
Additional Information and Open Positions: http://www.doublefine.com/jobs