Unreal not seeing capture card MacOS

This is an issue in UE5 and UE4, neither are asking mac os for camera permissions so neither engine is able to access the hardware connected to my computer. It cant see my capture card or my webcam so i am unable to use UE for VLP which is a massive bummer. I have already tried modifying the .plist file in the unrealeditor.app file to force it to ask for permissions and no luck. This is clearly a massive bug that really should be addressed ASAP, any unreal user on mac os is just entirely unable to use media players and media textures right now.

years in, this is apparently still the case. Epic doesnt even seem to mention it in the docs, but apparently EnumerateCaptureDevices never returns a thing (on Mac). Can someone at least confirm that it’s just not on the roadmap?

The documentation regarding Video Capture Devices conspicuously leaves out Mac when listing supported platforms.

Media Framework supports audio/video capture hardware on Windows (WmfMedia) and Android (AndroidCamera) as of 4.18 (consoles however, are not yet supported).