Unreal Learning kit wont build. .uasset has malformed tag

I have tried both UE 5 and UE 4.27. Even removed all local content and re-downloaded into a brand new project. When I build and cook. The cook always gives me these errors.

D:/Unreal_Workspace/UnrealLearningKit/Content/LearningKit_Games/Assets/Architecture/Stairs/Texture/T_Kit_Stairs_B_BC.uasset has malformed tag
UATHelper: Cooking (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogAssetRegistry: Error: Package D:/Unreal_Workspace/UnrealLearningKit/Content/LearningKit_Games/MaterialLibrary/Static/T_EnvTile_MetalBrushed_N.uasset has malformed tag
UATHelper: Cooking (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogAssetRegistry: Error: Package D:/Unreal_Workspace/UnrealLearningKit/Content/LearningKit_Games/MaterialLibrary/Static/T_EnvTile_MetalGalvanized_BC.uasset has malformed tag

Was curious if anyone else was having these errors and knew how to fix it.

Thanks!
Rick

I got a similar error:

“The summary for the package ‘/Game/LearningKit_Games/Assets/Architecture/Stairs/Texture/T_Kit_Stairs_B_BC’ is invalid. Check that the file is of the expected type and not corrupted.”

but I have no idea how to fix it.

Here’s a screenshot of the error message:

Couldn’t load the map at first caused by this error :
“The summary for the package ‘/Game/Megascans/3D_Plants/Thatching_Grass_uddmcgbia/MI_Thatching_Grass_uddmcgbia_4K’ is invalid. Check that the file is of the expected type and not corrupted.”

Checked the file and the MI was bugged. I then reimported it, but couldn’t properly save it. The next that happened when i tried to load my map was this error:
“Unable to load package ‘/Game/Maps/TestMap’. The end of package tag is not valid. Check that the file is of the expected type and not corrupted.”

Guess the whole file is corrupted now.

I know it’s been a while since you asked but if someone else gets the same error, here is the solution:

close Unreal, go to the folder in explorer D:/Unreal_Workspace/UnrealLearningKit/Content/LearningKit_Games/Assets/Architecture/Stairs/Texture/ or wherever your folder is and delete the files.
Restart Unreal and retry, it should work now.

2 Likes

Gracias por la solucion

any fix for this or now i have the same issue

will the same work for my situation??? or is there another solution