ProteusVR, Montreal, QC
Proteus and ProteusLabs, creators of virtual reality learning experiences, have an opening for an ambitious, visionary and experienced Lead Programmer working with Unreal Engine 4. Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems and tools. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with other developers across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary.
The role requires prior experience developing with Unreal’s blueprints / C++, and deploying for roomscale VR headsets.
- Lead the design, development, architecture and implementation of the educative VR platform
- Create or improve tools as necessary to support specific features/systems.
- Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize across all applicable platforms.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of app production and development.
- Diagnose and solve problems to improve robustness;
- Work closely with other programmers, designers and artists;
- Optimize the code of the experiments, whether in single or multiplayer mode;
- College diploma in video / computer game programming or equivalent;
- Strong skills in C ++ programming and object-oriented programming;
- Strong skills in Blueprint Visual Script (Unreal);
- Strong skills in debugging complex problems;
- Motivated, proactive person with a strong work ethic.
- Communication skills, problem solving and teamwork;
- Have a sense of priorities and organization;
- Speak French and English;
- Significant interest in industries other than video games;
- Like working in a startup atmosphere
- Experience in multi-player programming;
- Experience with 3D software (3DMax, Maya);
- Passion to play and develop on new platforms.
- Collaboration, teamwork
- Work independently
- Willingness to learn new technologies
What we offer
Competitive Salary: Competitive starting wages as well as progressive raises based on performance.
Vacation: Vacation policy lets you control your time off as well as flexible work hours and workdays.
Occasional Celebrations: Taking the time to appreciate successes and hard work is essential. They make sure to get together in celebration of big achievements and important milestones frequently.
Skill-Development: They make sure you’re always moving forward in your career by enrolling you in mentorship programs overseen by veterans on the team as well as courses and workshops taught by industry leaders and legends.
Creative workspace: Modern office in quickly developing area with game consoles, VR setup and access to all note-worthy VR experiences, office game tournaments will take place as well. The office is supplied with hot/cold drinks and snacks.
Work flexibility: Office, remote or part-time remote working possible.
Salary: Market price for entry-level developer, negotiable.
Mathieu Beaulieu, at [EMAIL=“email@example.com”]firstname.lastname@example.org