Unreal keeps on crashing after 1-2 minutes in an empty scene

Hi,

Sorry if I didn’t put this in the right topic.

I’m just staring my path down learning unreal and I can’t seem to do very much in the software without is disappearing and crashing. I can’t currently load a blank scene, drop some basic geo / lights without the program freezing and disappearing.

I keep getting this error: Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x0 - ‘S_OK’)

I’ve tried researching online and seeing what could be causing the issues and it seems like the issue is with my computers graphics cards and the TdrDelay. I come from a VFX background and have already been working with maya/substance/nuke/etc and have that software on my machine currently and there working fine. Substance painter requires the TdrDelay to already be set/ changed so I’m a bit stumped on what else I can try to fix this.

I’ve disabled my antivirus an made sure nothing is else running at the same time as trying to run unreal. My drivers are all up to date and i’ve even tried installing / reinstalling all drivers / unreal.

Currently I’m trying to run unreal on my laptop and its specs are:
Intel i7-7700HQ
GTX 1060 w/ 6gb video mem
16gb ram
256gb SSD + 1TB HDD

Do you think maybe my computer just cant run unreal? That doesn’t necessarily make any sense since I can handle running other VFX software fine on this (not optimally/ with heavy geo but basic stuff works fine). I’m not trying to build a gigantic game or anything, just get familiar with the software / learn the basics which I think this laptop should be able to handle no?

If anyone has any ides to try or advice i’d love to hear it!