Unreal Insights Does not Connect to Server

Hi guys! I’ve been trying to use Unreal Insights to see what’s causing to low FPS I currently get, however no matter I did, I couldn’t get it to work. When I start the Unreal Insights it gives this error. It does not trace sessions at all. I tried to start the Insights from the editor, and nothing changed. It gives the following errors;

I’ve come across the following post, but there were no answers there. Does anyone have any idea what’s wrong? Thanks in advance, cheers.

1 Like

Same issue. Yesterday everything was working, and now nothing. I don’t know why. I have even tried to restart UnrealTraceServer, but nothing.

EDIT: I’ve restarted the PC and it works now (don’t know why though)

2 Likes

You need to start the server manually:

I think I’ve found a fix: disable all the network adapters except the main ethernet/wifi adapter, terminate the UnrealTraceServer.exe process, close the editor and open it again. These steps worked for me without restarting the PC.

1 Like

@Scienziatogm Hey. I just had the same EXACT issue happening this morning for no reason. Your fix worked somehow, but this is very concerning… I can’t use any other network adapter other than Eth/Wifi while working with UE5 ? Lol

Yeah, I had that idea because since it wasn’t connecting I thought it could be something with the local IP addresses. The TraceServer was started and working, so it wasn’t it. Then I thought maybe the trace server was taking the IP address to connect from the wrong network adapter for some reason.
At least we know what’s the cause of the issue now! :grin:

Check to see if you have UnrealTraceServer running locally.
I encountered the same problem, and I found that my local UnrealTraceServer.exe was missing, which prevented me from starting the service.
虚幻引擎5中的Trace | 虚幻引擎 5.4 文档 | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)