Unreal HTML 5 export and Nintendo Web Framework?

Out of sheer curiosity, does anyone have any insight/knowledge into there being any synergies with Unreal Engine’s HTML 5 export for games, and with Nintendo’s Web Framework?

I know the Nintendo Web Framework uses HTML 5, CSS, and JavaScript; and UE4 uses the same technology to export games to run in a browser; but I’m wondering if it would be possible to get an Unreal Engine 4 game running on a Wii U using the HTML 5 export and the Nintendo Web Framework? Like I said, this is out of sheer curiosity; I’m not currently a registered Nintendo Developer, but am exploring all possible options for my games.

Thanks!

I am a Wii U developer. I don’t know if this is possible at all, but I’d like to +1 for some information about this.

Giving this a bump - I would like an answer to this :slight_smile:

I would also like an answer to this. I know I’ve heard certain Epic employees speak about how they didn’t plan on supporting Nintendo’s platforms because Epic wanted to focus on the cutting edge modern hardware. But I also know the Unity game engine supports Wii/WiiU development (presumably through it’s web publishing via HTML5). I find it hard to believe that Unreal Engine, in all it’s high-tech impressive glory, couldn’t also be able to at some level. Understandably with certain features / effects unsupported on the Nintendo hardware… maybe darn near all cooler stuff… but still… there have to be some more basic features of UE4 that would work just fine on the Nintendo hardware. Enough to make some simple and fun games maybe? I’d like Epic to work on that.

It looks like it’s possible for UE4 games to be made to run on the Wii U, with games such as Bloodstained promising a Wii U port (). But it seems it’ll take extensive work, which may not necessarily be possible for a small indie studio. My hope is that those who get a UE4 game working on Wii U will share their work by pulling their code up to the main engine branch on GitHub so others could have access to making games for the Wii U with UE4.