Unreal hosted screenshots in older forum posts no longer work

Hi, I am about a month into learning Unreal and have been consistently finding that the top Google results for a lot of my questions link to Unreal hosted screenshot links that no longer work (either lead to an “Oops” page or redirect me to another post). These dead screenshots are hosted under: https://answers.unrealengine.com/storage/temp/

This has been making it very difficult to find answers to my questions as the top search results and linked answers in the Answer Hub lead to answers and discussion around screenshots that no longer exist (e.g. a screenshot of a Blueprint solution to a problem).

Here’s an example of one of these posts where the “Solved” answer is an Unreal hosted screenshot link that no longer works: Line Trace from screen center to world - Development Discussion / General Discussion - Unreal Engine Forums

My question is, since the dead links are hosted by Unreal is there any way to restore these links so I can see these screenshots? Or are they lost forever? If they are lost forever, is there any way to flag these posts as no longer useful? I have spent so much time reading posts where the discussion revolves around screenshots that I can no longer see rendering the discussion no longer useful.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi! I started a topic as well and I got some replies there:

Also, there is a link to another topic where the staff replied, check that as well

Bye!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing that link! Sounds like it is a recent issue and a fix is still being worked on (Unreal still has the screenshot files and are working on making the old links redirect to the new ones).

1 Like

Update: Looks like the links have been fixed! The screenshots are even nicely imbedded right in the posts, saving us a link to click.

1 Like