Unreal having a generic freeze

Video here → UnrealFreeze - Album on Imgur

I used Unreal 5.1 on a weak computer and it was working fine - just slow. I replaced the machine a month ago, but now whenever I use Unreal, it freezes with the simplest tasks. I’m now on U5.3 (though have also tested with 5.1), its a fresh system install.

It freezes up when I’m moving an asset or importing from quixel. Or I’ll start a new project and add a simple material to a landscape, and boom -freezes. I’ve done the same thing on an identical computer my partner uses, and there are no issues.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Unreal; tried various ways but I’m not sure what the issue is. It is so generic that it’s hard to look for sources to fix. It just freezes and there is no log. I do have a issue with another program (nuke) though it’s not freezing but the viewer flashes red every now and then - no explanation either. I ran a stress test using Cinebench and Furmark and it works great

Specs:

MSI Nvidia RTX 4080

AMD Ryzen 9 7900x 12 core

128gb ddr5

B650M Aorus Elite AX

Windows 11

Please help! Thank you in advance!

You could consider running

a full memory test.
Screen flashing could also point to a graphics card defect. Perhaps it may be vram, try some tests that use the vram at a constant maximum.
double check if your GPU power cable is also inserted a 100% of the way.

Are you using an anti-sag bracket to keep the card from bending?

Do a file system check with
sfc /scannow

What is your power supply rated for in terms of wattage? Is it enough to handle gpu powers spikes?