Game Engine Developer
My client is looking to hire a motivated and experienced Game Engine Developer as they undertake expansive research and development work 2016.
Research and Development collaborate with all departments to design, develop and maintain artist tools alongside core applications and services including rendering technologies and tools for interactive content creation for animated features, game trailers and visual effects.
The role will commence ASAP and will run for 12 months, with the potential for an extension beyond this original contract.
Candidates are required and must be eligible at the time of application to work in the UK, on-site in Glasgow.
• Develop and maintain polished, documented code to extend a real-time game engine for use in animation and visual effects
• Work with an agile and multi-disciplinary team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, implement new gameplay assets and features
• Work with the Head of R&D in the development of task lists, estimates, schedules, milestones and overall project goals as necessary
• Ensure tools and processes integrate into the overall studio pipeline
• Test and debug tools and processes to ensure stability and usability
• Act as a liaison for communicating technical issues to Production, R&D and IT
• Educate artists on how to work with the cinematics pipeline
• Create and update documentation explaining our processes and tools
• 3+ years of game development experience as an engine / graphics programmer
• Extensive experience working with and extending Unreal 4 such as the development of plugins, shading models or tools
• Extensive experience with C++
• Significant experience of developing with graphics APIs: DirectX, OpenGL, etc.
• Experience using and programming real-time shaders: Cg, HLSL, GLSL
• Experience with Blueprints scripting, building levels / mods
• Solid understanding of algorithms, physics and mathematics
• Strong familiarity with OOD principles
• Excellent communication, troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience with rendering pipeline of commercial level game engines
• Experience in software-based rendering (Mantra, Arnold, V-Ray, Renderman etc.)
• Experience in, or demonstrated understanding of, traditional animation or VFX pipelines and workflows
• A strong desire to create cutting edge cinematics tools!
If you fit the above and are available please send your CV and portfolio details to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Unreal/GD/GameED/001