Unreal freezes on creating blueprint from an Actor

I’m experiencing the same phenomenon. How can I solve this problem?

Hey there @Online_Learner_fpWgw! Welcome to the community! Thus far the workaround for most users for this issue have been to avoid using the blueprint from actor function, and create a fresh blueprint in the content browser with right click, then add an SM after it’s been compiled once in the Blueprint editor. The issue itself has been reported however!

1 Like

experiencing the same probelm.

Experiencing the same problem. What is the solution?

[2023.08.15-12.31.06:814][706]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource ‘StaticMeshComponent0’: BP_Projectile_C /Game/StarterContent/Maps/Minimal_Default.Minimal_Default:PersistentLevel.BP_Projectile_C_0
[2023.08.15-12.31.06:825][706]LogPackageName: Warning: DoesPackageExist called on PackageName that will always return false. Reason: Input ‘’ was empty.
[2023.08.15-12.31.06:825][706]LogPackageName: Warning: DoesPackageExist called on PackageName that will always return false. Reason: Input ‘’ was empty.
[2023.08.15-12.31.06:826][706]LogPackageName: Warning: DoesPackageExist called on PackageName that will always return false. Reason: Input ‘’ was empty.
[2023.08.15-12.31.06:826][706]LogPackageName: Warning: DoesPackageExist called on PackageName that will always return false. Reason: Input ‘’ was empty.
[2023.08.15-12.31.14:327][379]LogSlate: Took 0.000132 seconds to synchronously load lazily loaded font ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Fonts/Roboto-Light.ttf’ (167K)
[2023.08.15-12.31.26:640][375]LogSlate: Window ‘Pick Parent Class’ being destroyed
[2023.08.15-12.31.44:991][375]LogSlate: Window ‘Create Blank Blueprint Class’ being destroyed
[2023.08.15-12.31.45:019][375]LogAssetEditorSubsystem: Opening Asset editor for Blueprint /Game/Blueprints/BP_Projectile.BP_Projectile
[2023.08.15-12.31.45:020][375]LogWorldSubsystemInput: UEnhancedInputDeveloperSettings::bEnableWorldSubsystem is false, the world subsystem will not be created!
[2023.08.15-12.31.45:020][375]LogChaos: FPhysicsSolverBase::AsyncDt:-1.000000
[2023.08.15-12.31.47:024][375]LogStall: Stall detector ‘UAssetEditorSubsystem::OpenEditorForAsset’ exceeded budget of 2.000000s, reporting…
[2023.08.15-12.31.47:572][375]LogStall: Stall detector ‘UAssetEditorSubsystem::OpenEditorForAsset’ report submitted, and took 0.049755s

1 Like

I have the same problem too.

I also now have this issue, I am running on a laptop. My workarounds for now are either:
1. Create the BP in the content browser and then bring in any objects desired.
2. If you have an external monitor, move UE5 to that monitor, then create the BP, somehow this fixes it???

I am running UE 5.2. I think the issue is related to laptops with external monitors.

Tried to figure it out by myself:

Created a clear 3d person level
Tried to make a BP from a blue cube
Everything is ok and was extremely fast
Created a simple kinetic sculpture - you know, 2 cubes and a sphere, rotating opposite each other
Tried to make a BP from this sculpture
UE freezes

Still makes no sense.

Hey
Got the same issue.

UE 5.2
Win 11 (up to date)
i7-12700H
RAM 64Gb
RTX 3070ti

Laptop without the external monitor.
Everything runs smoothly, till you click on an actor, choose Create Blueprint, adjust all the settings, confirm… and UE completely freezes.

Update: I have found a good zero inconvenient solution workaround to this problem which I post at the end of the this post.

Hi guys

I too have the exact same problem and it happens consistently (not intermittently) with Unreal 5.3. (GTX2080, Ryzen 5600G, 1440p resolution, WIndows 11)

Having read through this thread, I believe the problem is that the “create blueprint from actor selection” window pop=up is off-screen by one full screen width to the right. That is why there are no crash log reports, Unreal has not crashed, the popup window is active but out of sight on a single display setup. When a second display is connected as extended, the pop up will still be out of sight unless the Unreal editor is moved to the extended display (which is always left of the primary). So, when the blueprint window pops up, it shows up on the primary display (i.e., a full screen width to the right of the editor).

So, hi @SupportiveEntity if I may suggest, I think the fix for your next Unreal update (5.4?) would be to have the pop-up window reset to the centre of the Unreal editor as all the other popup windows do.

I am currently learning Unreal on a Udemy course and some others there have the same issue.

Of course, the mystery remains on what is the common element in our WIndows environment that is causing this full screen width offset that only a few of us are experiencing.

Thanks

Update: OK while this problem is hopefully fixed in the next Unreal update, I looked around in the Editor Preferences to see if there is any option to stop the popup and sure enough there is:

Go to Edit->Editor Preferences
then in the General Appearance section, set the field “Asset Editor Open Location” to “Main Window”. This will have the blueprint open in the main editor window as another Tab. So, no need to change your windows resolution or add another monitor etc!

But still, I do hope this will be fixed in the next update.

10 Likes

Hey there @TheyCallMeTej! Welcome to the community! Excellent workaround! going to update the report and I’ll be disseminating this post every time the issue is mentioned! Hopefully a fix is out on the next hotfix if one is required!

1 Like

Hey @TheyCallMeTej , thanks for the solution. It works!

UE 5.2.1
Win 11
i9-13900HX
RAM 32GB
RTX 4080 Laptop

One more confirmation - that worked for me, thanks!

Had the same problem with Unreal 5.3.2, so still not solved, but the workaround did the trick. Thanks @TheyCallMeTej you saved my day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @SupportiveEntity I have significant information about the issue. I have a laptop which can meet the minimum reqs overwhelmingly. I faced the issue and tried to find solutions on the Net.

Finally, right here I saw someguys are getting the same issue with laptops and one of them solved the issue by using an external monitor.

The architecture of the laptops designed to let the external graphics card work WITH (It is an obligation for most of the laptops) the integrated one in the CPU in order to display the things on the laptops own monitor. However, my laptop has a feature on its motherboard which called MUX Switch. This feature allows the graphics card to use the monitor of the laptop without the integrated GPU.

One of the guys above solved the problem by using an external monitor (this completely gets rid of the obligation) and, I thought that this issue may be caused by the obligation of the GPU that I have mentioned. Moreover, I turned on the MUX Switch on my laptop and tried to create a class from an object on the viewport and it was solved.

If you deliver this message to your team, they will probably understand the issue more accurately. Thanks for reading.

3 Likes

Hey there @CuppelI! Welcome to the community! That is brilliant! I couldn’t have pieced it together from my point of view regardless as I generally don’t work on my laptop. I’m going to see if I can find the related issue on the ticket side and relay the information that way. If not we may have to run through standard reporting but that is excellent information.

exactly same here, I am using UE5.3.2 with Alienware M18 R1

That solved the issue for me! Thank you for sharing your workaround!

1 Like

I can confirm this workaround helped me! I’m also running on Windows 11 w/ UE 5.2.1. Thanks for posting this!

Hi guys I am facing the same issue. Looks like I am facing this issue only in Windows 11. In Windows 10 it is working absolutely fine.

1 Like

Selam, Bende bu sorunu yaşıyorum bir yolunu bulabildiniz mi acaba ?