Unreal engine won't start on Mac

Hi Everyone,
I’ve installed Unreal Engine on my mac using the Epic Launcher, that all went fine. After it was installed I sent to run it and nothing happened, it was as if I never even clicked “Run” in the first place. Is there something I missed?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks
Rep:308

Just checking, how did you try and run it?

Hi Clockwork Ocean, I was trying to run it from the Epic Launcher, I couldn’t seem to find the icon for the application on the computer anywhere, even though it says it’s installed.

So just this:

302954-launch.jpg

Should be fine. Which version of OSX?

Yes, that’s the button. I’m running Sierra version 10.12.6

Ok, I can’t find the compatibiltiy sheet right now, but I’m pretty sure you need a much more recent version of OSX.

EDIT: This loads PC specs for me, maybe it’s configured to load mac for you?:

Ok, cool, I’m going to have a look into updating my OS and see how that works out. I’ll check back in and let you know how I get on.
Thanks for your help.

Right, I’m back having just upgraded my OS to High Sierra and it did the same thing.
I’m running the following system:

iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)
Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB

The installer would have told me if I didn’t have enough resources to run the program, right?

Not sure what else I can do at this stage other than switch back to Unity, which defeats the whole object of this exercise in learning something new and exciting, rather than, well…this.

Just discovered that High Sierra won’t be able to run this after finding the .app file. Looks like I either have to install a much earlier version, which means I won’t get as much of the cool functionality, or just not bother at all. Dang it!

Thanks for your help regardless ClockworkOcean
Rep308

Yep I had dreams to make a game on the unreal engine so now I gotta use my sis pc window

Yep I had dreams to make a game on the unreal engine so now I gotta use my sis pc window