Unreal Engine stuck in a loop of not updating itself

Anyone have any help for this?

When I try to start the launcher, it goes from this

65056-unreal1.png

to this

65057-unreal2.png

and then to this

65058-unreal3.png

and then repeats, all in the blink of an eye. It happens every time I hit retry. And when I hit OK, I have to work in offline, and I can’t do anything whatsoever. This is my first time using the program, and I really want to use this engine to work with a friend on creating a video game together. She’s been able to use it without any problem, but I’ve tried whatever I can. The “-OpenGL”, “-debuglogging”, and “-http=wininet” tricks haven’t helped me.

Hi pazromana,

Try the troubleshooting steps in this section of the troubleshooting guide.

If nothing works, follow the steps here to generate your Debug Logs. Post them here, along with your Dxdiag/system specs.

My computer isn’t generating the Debug Logs. I’ve attempted this five times, and no luck whatsoever. I’m sorry, as I assume this will make finding out the problem a lot harder.

Hi pazromana,

Do you have a firewall or any network monitoring software running? If so, can you also try adding the following as an exception on your firewall?

xmpp-service-prod.ol.epicgames.com port 5222

Could you please attach your dxdiag?

link text

If I did it properly, then this is the dxdiag. I added the everything before the “.com” as an exception, but I can’t add the “port 5222” as an exclusion because it isn’t a part of the url. Thanks for the help.

Thank you for the logs. Your graphics drivers are out-of-date. I would suggest upgrading those to the most recent version. Once you’ve updated them, remove the exception entry that you added and test for me please.

I updated my graphics drivers and removed the exception, but it’s still doing the same thing. Should I just give up on using Unreal? Or is there another possible solution?

UPDATE:
I fixed the sound problem. It was not because of Unreal or updating my graphics drivers. But I still can’t run the program. Is there any solution for this?

Hi pazromana,

Which firewall/network monitoring software are you using? Could you please attach an updated dxdiag?

Hi pazromana,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please post back here with the requested info.

If you need anything else, feel free to ask.