Unreal Engine Sample Project Keep Crashing! HELP!

Hi everyone,

I have a very frustrating situation here that have been trying to resolve for days without success.

I used to run all my projects on GTX1080 Ti with an Intel Chip and 32gb of rams and even if it was a limited machine everything was working great.

I’ve decided to purchase a new machine with the following specs on fresh Windows 11 Pro:
-RTX 4090
-Intel i9-14900K
-64gb RAM

Once I got the new machine and installed Unreal Engine 5.3 I started to have problem with projects. Even with Samples Project, Unreal keeps crashing giving me different messages that I posted here below:

-Out of Video Memory

-Shader Compile Worker Failed

-Exception Access Violation

-Blue Screen with Kernel Security Check Failure

From my understaning they all point to a GPU-related problem.
I’ve been looking on many forums and different solutions and I’ve tried the following steps all unsuccefully:

-Checked and Updated NVIDIA Driver (Even using Cleaning Tool from NVIDIA)
-Restore Global Settings on Nvidia Control Panel
-Deactivated auto-swithing card and only using Dedicated GPU
-Increased Page File Size
-Verified Unreal Engine (I also tried to install a fresh UE5.4 but same issues)
-Deleted Intermidiate and Saved Folders within the project (Sometimes works and it opens the project but it will always crash eventually)
-I’ve used OCCT to run some stress and stability test on GPU, CPU and RAM and seems all fine from there.

It’s all very frustrating and I’m really lost on what to try next.
Please let me know if I’m missing anything?

Other things you can try is…
->Install the Nvidia Studio Drivers.
->Change the video card if you have available to another PCI Express.
->Monitor the video card temperature.

I hope not but your video card may be busted.

Good luck.

Hi!

14900k (and 13900k) from intel have a general issue with BSOD and crashing game/apps.
Intel admitted the issues and are investigated it.

There are some workarounds to fix this (changing bios settings).

Workaround video:
https://twitter.com/PowerGPU/status/1762200647602934058

You might have a different motherboard but some people respond below that video with their screenshots of the motherboard.

If you have a asus prime z790 motherboard by any chance then ASUS just uploaded a bios update with a function called “Intel Baseline Profile”, you only have to enable that one I believe after the bios update and dont have to make other changes. More about it here:

If you don’t have this motherboard or are not familiar with bios updates (can be risky if you dont know what you are doing) then I suggest the workaround from the twitter video.

Hope this helps,

TimBarrettNL