Unreal Engine project management question: Single project or multiple projects?

Hi community. I have questions regarding file management.

I am using Unreal to create animation. I’ve created blueprints/settings for my character, and also have levels that are pre-lighted and shaded. I want to reuse these assets in another project.

I know that I can migrate these assets from this project to another project, but I feel like it might be a waste of disk space because I am basically duplicating the file on my system. If I am doing big projects or reusing the assets across multiple projects, I am going to have copies of the same Uasset across my disk.

I could also use the same project for all of my projects, creating different levels for my project. However, this might slow down the speed of opening the project since I am storing all of my data on the same project.

I wonder what is the best practice in this situation. Is a single project the best way or multiple projects the best way to manage files for animation (or there are other ways better than these two)?

To extend the scenario, what if I am using Unreal to do animation episodes? Say I am doing 30 episodes. What is the best method to think about managing large Unreal projects?

Thanks!