Unreal Engine Preview

How do we enable to vulkan api for s7 phones?

Cinematic Viewport layout doesn’t work at all. It’s available in viewport selection but nothing happens if you click on it. Is there any way to enable it?
Also, are there any plans to add camera fbx import into Sequencer? It’s a very nice that exists in Matinee allowing to import cameras from 3ds Max or Maya.
Currently it doesn’t exist in Sequencer.

Short but really nice list. Improvements to cooked blueprints and Bitmasks for Blueprints is awesome!

I just love each update

A few things that I hope to see:

• DX12 implementation in the launcher version of the engine
  • Ability to detect which HMD the user is using in blueprints
  • VR Template (I may end up doing a pull request on GitHub to add this myself)
  • Ability to edit the location of pivot points on a static mesh, and save it to the mesh
  • Wishlist implementation on the website and inside the launcher
  • Marketplace plugins
  • Different types of controllers implementation / plugins. This would go hand in hand with the above request. Epic should get with the major manufacturers of various controllers and have them right a plugin for the engine. HOTAS / Steering Wheels / Pedals come to mind
  • Connections to SQL-based databases and major commands for them within blueprints. SQL, MySQL, SQLite, NoSQL

Wow, already working on :smiley:

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find to the UE4 Answerhub
@ @iRYO400 @

Thanks!

+1

I’ve seen people hack the source to get this seemingly working. And by seemingly I mean I only saw portions of it, and to be honest I’m not sure if characters were shown but a lot of static assets were. I’d love to have this though and judging from the many posts I’ve seen about the subject there’s quite a few wanting .

Any of getting a fix for UE-6451 in for ? Ran into it on two separate projects over the weekend, and it’s been in the system for 20 months now (link).

I’ve got massive performance problems, no testing for me :frowning: Already reported it on AH: Editor causes extreme CPU usage - UI - Unreal Engine Forums

Has anyone else the same problem? I can’t do a thing :confused: Before I noticed this, I tried to compile a game, it completely killed my PC, not even keyboard was working.

Hi Ryvar,

This one has been fixed in according to the ticket. The fix should be in P1 if looking at the submitted CL’s for the fix are accurate.

Give it a try in and if you’re still having issues you may want to make a new Bug Report on AnswerHub and call out the original Linked where this was reported and the Jira number.

Thank you!

Won’t be able to check until full release, but that is fantastic news! Thank you (and the rest the team) so much, was driving me crazy.

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 2 for ! Please view the Known Issues List on page 1 of this thread for the updated list of known issues.

Thank you for your continued help in testing the build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.

Cheers!

Fixed in Preview 2 - CL 2962397

Fixed! UE-30024 Crash when connecting to Source Control
Fixed! UE-30110 Opening blueprint debugger crashes editor
Fixed! UE-29940 Crash during Garbage Collection in travel mode
Fixed! UE-29774 Crash scrubbing sequence after being recorded
Fixed! UE-30096 Compiling a Code project for Shipping or Test Fails
Fixed! UE-25715 Crash when changing a Play Node’s “Sequence” to a Montage
Fixed! UE-29131 Particle can freeze before terminating
Fixed! UE-25215 Crash opening ConcurrencyBug level - FArchiveFileReaderGeneric::InternalPrecache()
Fixed! UE-29876 Character mesh is not visible in packaged third person project
Fixed! UE-30099 Translucent instanced static meshes drawing incorrectly with ISR on.
Fixed! UE-30087 Crash when dismissing multiple menus
Fixed! UE-30085 Loading Screens Play Before PreLoadMap Finishes
Fixed! UE-30084 UMG Fixed aspect ratio doesn’t size right side correctly
Fixed! UE-30042 Changing the View Type folder options when importing an item Crashes the Editor
Fixed! UE-29988 Crash when converting custom curve to metadata in persona
Fixed! UE-30054 Transform text when dragging a component in a BP doesn’t update until the drag finishes
Fixed! UE-29994 Materials have incorrect Default Material view
Fixed! UE-30030 ProtoStar Meteors Vanish on touch by User or Neutrino
Fixed! UE-29928 LaunchOn tvOS Fails on Windows.
Fixed! UE-30016 Color picker in cinematic viewport overlays menu does not close when deselected
Fixed! UE-29984 Pixel inspector crash when there is no GBufferE
Fixed! UE-29268 Metal is not enabled for project packaged from windows on iOS device
Fixed! UE-30008 Crash if manipulating a widget in UMG with no animation selected
Fixed! UE-30006 HQ ES3.1 DoF broken with Vulkan RHI
Fixed! UE-29319 Can not use material track with Widgets that use style
Fixed! UE-27735 Enumerators are not set correctly in packaged games if Nativize Blueprint Assets is set to true
Fixed! UE-29942 Selecting Cinematic Viewport does not enable the Cinematic Viewport
Fixed! UE-29934 Blueprint projects packaging and launch on failure for iOS and tvOS from Mac
Fixed! UE-28073 Actors animating as thumbnails redraw in sequencer
Fixed! UE-29938 Saved directories exist in SubwaySequencer sample in
Fixed! UE-30138 Add missing architectures for Android StripSymbols

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find to the UE4 Answerhub

Windows 10: if i set text DPI to 150% then import assets window doesn’t fit screen height so i can’t see bottom buttons

No one reported the problem with the scroll boxes ? In the project selector the scrollbar in the boxes is collapsed and have x2.

Hi Team,
Cool ! we’ve the cinematic viewport :slight_smile:
Can some one make a tutorial how to render a movie because when I hit the Render icon, it export the game view but not my level sequencer view (camera view). I know it’s not a bug but a trick I don’t know.
Thank you

:O!!! soooo Loading Screens are going to work?!?!?!?!? :smiley:

Hi ! Glad to see Preview 2 already released :smiley:

I would like to know when did you have planned to merge this: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/1673, make CharacterMovementComponent compatible for any pawn () and Sphere/Box support for Character ().

Thank you for your attention :slight_smile:

I hope they give a bit more love to , almost two months since the last update now :wink:

Because the doesn’t exist in DirectX 11 on PC.