Unreal Engine OBS Capture using Off World Live Spout2 Plugin

I’m new to using Unreal Engine and have started development of personalized streaming graphics for Rocket League broadcasting using the Hype Chamber template. I wanted to be able to port Unreal Engine into OBS instead of just using the screen capture function, here is my process and hopefully this helps some other beginners!

Currently, the easiest way to stream graphics from Unreal Engine into OBS is by using the Spout plugin and Unreal Engine Live-streaming Toolkit from Off World Live. Spout enables users to send and receive video between a source and OBS with no latency, and the toolkit enables users to control a camera that links to Spout. Furthermore, Spout and the toolkit are free, and Off World Live has multiple tutorial videos on their Youtube channel on how to get started using the plugins.

Downloads: Spout and Live-streaming Toolkit

Tutorial 1: [Spout Manual Install] (How to install the Spout plugin for OBS Studio using the zip folder - YouTube)

Using the following tutorial I installed the plugin in OBS and a Spout2 source was created.

Tutorial 2: OWL Cinecam and Wizard setup

Using the following tutorial I setup the OWL Cinecam using the Live streaming Wizard. In OBS I set the Spout source to match the Cinecam name.

I was surprised how easy this process was to get started. The most difficult part was just finding the best resources. A huge shout out to Off World Live for making accessible plugins!

I just want to correct myself. The plugin is not free* it has a free trial period.