Unreal Engine: Now Available to Everyone for Free

[= ;239309]
Absolutely!

In the original post, was mentioned:

In going free, we’ll be issuing a pro-rated refund to current subscribers for their most recent month’s payment. And, who has ever paid for a UE4 subscription will receive a $30 credit that can be spent in the Unreal Engine Marketplace.

In regards to the marketplace credit, I do not believe these are transferable. However, you can contact for further information.
[/]

Can we have our pro rated refund applied to our account for the marketplace?

[
Can we have our pro rated refund applied to our account for the marketplace?
[/]

Edit: After some discussion it was determined that would not be a possibility at time with the refunds being sent out. However you are able to add the funds to your marketplace account after they have been returned to you if you wish to.

[= ;239332]
Edit: After some discussion it was determined that would not be a possibility at time with the refunds being sent out. However you are able to add the funds to your marketplace account after they have been returned to you if you wish to.
[/]

Alright no problem :slight_smile:

I do intend to spend it on Your market place so you guys get my money either way :slight_smile:

hey guys,
thanks a lot for the answers! very cool. epic rules <3

Epic changed world in day when UE4 came with source because it will insure that future 3D is in every person hands. I myself like to use UE more for cinematic shots.

I am sure there will come trolls who try to anger Epic, but just ignore them and think about future that there are more good things coming. It was good idea to create marketplace for UT4+UE4 stuff because is futuristic way to earn money by content creators and by Epic. 5% of sales is very generous and Epic is worth everything. New era is beginning as of 2015.

I already suggested UE4 to local university if they need something to make in 3D.

Final word is if you do not like UE4+Epic philosophy then there are lot of engines in world.

When posted video then in beginning i listened and when i watched second time it was like sound of prophets talking from sky that UE4 is free.

Thank you EPIC again and i wish best for every Epic staff.

[=AE_3DFX;239416]
Epic changed world in day when UE4 came with source because it will insure that future 3D is in every person hands. I myself like to use UE more for cinematic shots.

I am sure there will come trolls who try to anger Epic, but just ignore them and think about future that there are more good things coming. It was good idea to create marketplace for UT4+UE4 stuff because is futuristic way to earn money by content creators and by Epic. 5% of sales is very generous and Epic is worth everything. New era is beginning as of 2015.

I already suggested UE4 to local university if they need something to make in 3D.

Final word is if you do not like UE4+Epic philosophy then there are lot of engines in world.

When posted video then in beginning i listened and when i watched second time it was like sound of prophets talking from sky that UE4 is free.

Thank you EPIC again and i wish best for every Epic staff.
[/]

is gonna sound like a low blow but it’s almost like they had a change of heart after CliffyB left. Not meant to sound insulting as Epic without CliffyB is different for sure, but in a very good way.

That’s not to say CliffyB was bad, he had great ideas.

I was a little confused at first, but then it seemed to be true after all! Thank you big time!

On the welcome site it still states its 19$/m, might want to update that to prevent missing out on newcomers trying the engine for free.
https://www.unrealengine/blog/welcome-to-unreal-engine-4

Thank you! I am a teacher and my students/school wanted a course in game design. Now, I can add course to 2015 - 2016 schedule because of the new direction UE4 is taking (UE4 is now free). /UE4, Thank you - Schools across the county will take notice to change and chose to work with UE4. PRIORITY NOTE: /UE4, please focus on training. Beginner to advance so we can move even faster getting out to our schools/students.

[=BHUDSON;241411]
PRIORITY NOTE: /UE4, please focus on training. Beginner to advance so we can move even faster getting out to our schools/students.
[/]

Or let the community help with training! It’s the reason ://www…co.uk exists :>

/SHAMELESSPLUG

I got a Dollar back. :stuck_out_tongue: Well I say thx for that dollar too. Though pro-rated sounded so… like more… well :smiley: sorry. Feel so greedy now. lol

[]
In going free, we’ll be issuing a pro-rated refund to current subscribers for their most recent month’s payment. And, who has ever paid for a UE4 subscription will receive a $30 credit that can be spent in the Unreal Engine Marketplace.

Yay, Seriusly…

When i saw UE4 is just $19 / month, i was like:

://img.ctrlv.in/img/15/03/14/5503a0d8917f4.png

Thank you :slight_smile:

(But you really could keep that $2 dollars, i am pretty sure the administration costs a lot more…)

Unreal folks,

I only committed at the beginning of the year, so am really just getting started. Nobody can argue with “free” vs. paid of course.
I guess my only concern is, when I was kicking in, I felt like I was directly contributing, if only in a small way, to your having the budget to have people dedicated to creating learning content such as the great examples levels, videos with good coverage of features, etc. I’m just hoping you will have the revenue stream to continue to produce both the engine as well as all of the learning materials at the pace you have been. Thanks for all the work so far, and look forward to seeing where you plan to take the engine over the next couple of years.

Thank you Epic and thank you . is a really great gift for all people who love Unreal Engine. In my opinion is one of the best engine on the market and definitely the best which is free. Now only the sky and our imagination is the limit.

[=hamsterPL;236374]
What about codes (from game jam) which I didn’t redeem? Will you give other prize? :wink:
[/]

So no new info for ? but in the redeem code page the codes are no longer recognized and gives an unvalid message

I installed the epic games launcher, but in the upper left corner it says Not Installed. The drop down menu only shows the 4.7.4 version…I click on that and nothing happens…can any1 assist me with what’s up? >RK

[=AvatardProductions;264699]
I installed the epic games launcher, but in the upper left corner it says Not Installed. The drop down menu only shows the 4.7.4 version…I click on that and nothing happens…can any1 assist me with what’s up? >RK
[/]

Take a look at thread: https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?60752-Newcomers-Readme!-How-To-Install-UE4-From-The-Launcher :slight_smile:

From GameDevs alike, 2015 should be EPIC! Thanks!

[=;264665]
So no new info for ? but in the redeem code page the codes are no longer recognized and gives an unvalid message
[/]

Hey there! Unfortunately, subscription codes aren’t interchangeable with other prizes. We’ve made changes to the prizes for the game jams winners moving forward. All past winners can expect a game jam shirt, though! Still finalizing design, then to print :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Oh i see, thanks for your answer ! :slight_smile:

Thank you for UE4 for Free Epic!

You can chime in here!
https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?34610-Thank-You-For-UE4-!&p=236945&viewfull=1#post236945