Unreal Engine Marketplace & Launcher Feedback

Hi, just wanted to share my experience with the marketplace and the launcher. I haven’t been using some of the functionality very actively in a while so its a fresh look allowing to notice stuff that you would normally be used to and wouldn’t see

Marketplace

-No way to empty the whole cart with a single click. I had to manually delete each of 50 items from it to make a purchase, in order to add new stuff and check out with everything at once. I use the cart as a 2nd wishlist tracker, because the wishlist for some reason is only limited to 50 items, which is also a quite inconvenience. The “empty the cart” buttons would be very helpful, as well as increase of the wishlist limit.

-No way to remove items at checkout. Would be very useful if it would be possible to modify the cart at the checkout screen instead of having to navigate back to a random page, opening up cart again and deleting it. Not having to go back and forth would make buying assets easier and faster.

Launcher

-You can’t order/prioritize the downloads in the launcher, which sometimes results in deleting some assets from queue in order for other assets to be downloaded first. This could have been done easier with changing the download order.

-Launcher is not currently optimized for touch screen.
From time to time I am using the launcher from a portable gaming computer like SteamDeck. The login form is not making the onscreen keyboard pop-up, navigation isn’t currently optimized as well. Launcher is also used for navigating the EGS so hopefully this will be fixed asap, so that users with portable gaming system can also use it with convenience

Thank you

+1 agree.

Also a FYI to help the community that reads this (since I see this asked a lot on Market pages):

• Bug workaround: If you buy an asset, and click in a browser at the asset’s page, to open launcher > it loads that asset’s page, but says “unavailable.”
  • Fix: close the launcher and click on the asset’s download button again, to re-open launcher. The asset will now be available.

• It usually takes me 1 restart, max 2 restarts.

Please also add an option to sort assets in the library by date purchased. Just bought like 10+ asset packs and I would like to add them all to my project without searching for each invidually, without having to remember all of their names in order to search for them in my library

+1
But a workaround for now: If you signin your account at the website > then go to Vault >

• It has pages of your assets which are in order of purchase (so click the last # page).
    • Bonus tip, scroll to the bottom and set to show 100 assets per page.
  • Then you can control + Click your [last 10 assets] > the browser opens each in a new Tab.
    • Then go through each Assets’ browser tab > Click Get/open launcher. And then Epic Launcher (exe) starts to let you dl/install that specific asset.
    • After the install of that asset is complete, go back to the browser > repeat the steps for the next asset.