Unreal engine keeps freezing my computer 4.25.1

This is my second time installing unreal engine 4 on this computer and this time it just keeps freezing out of nowhere in the crash report screen when opening the engine up requiring me to do a hard reset. I have A Geforce GTX 1660ti and an Intel i7-9750H with 16GB of ram and a 512 GB SSD I am pretty sure these specs can run unreal engine 4. Is their any way to fix this.

This should be a comment not an answer.

Oh sorry, i didn’t realize

Aw man, the same thing happens to me. I’m sad there are no answers here. I open UE and it would just freeze. The weird thing is it worked fine a couple of days ago. HELP! :frowning:

Is this when opening a project, or opening the default engine page? It could be caused by a plugin.

did you ever find a fix? i too am having the same problem

I have the exact same issue! I tried 4.25.4 and many other versions and it doesn’t work. When the engine launches, after 10 to 20 seconds it stops functioning and opens the crash report screen. Before anything is shown on the crash report screen the entire system freezes and requires a hard reset. This does not happen with any other similar software.

System: Windows 10 - CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX3080 - RAM 64GB - SSD 1TB

Same issue here 3950 + 2080ti

[UPDATE]

Hey everyone,

I actually fixed it. I tried almost anything possible, nothing worked but changing the Nvidia driver from Game Driver to Studio Driver. Check this link out.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4931/~/nvidia-studio-faqs

I was already on studio driver when this happened, but rolling back to previous version of this driver seems to have fixed this for me. Thanks for pointing in right direction :slight_smile:

Hey, thank you for mentioning it. Which version were you using and what version did you change it to?

Right, I was using 461.40 when these freezes started, rolling back to 460.89 fixed it.