Unreal Engine keeps freezing/crashing for no reason

Hello so ive been working on this project for roughly 3 months now without any issues but suddenly out of nowhere the engine just freezes and refuses to respond. It happens completely randomly about 1-2 minutes after opening the project. No crash appears the whole thing just freezes and thats it. The scene itself is really light so it has no reason to crash, ive tried clearing my cache and switching versions but it didnt help. (tested on UE 5.1.1 to 5.2.1)
Does anyone have a solution?
Here is a video showing just how dire the situation is

From what I’m seeing in your task manager, I’d turn off that anti-malware service :slight_smile:

tried without it, still freezes :confused:

1 Like

Not sure, sorry. I’d stop running everything else for now… ( at the same time ) Do some experiments, to try and isolate it.

Standard procedure:

Make sure Windows is up to date

Maybe try it without anti-virus

Use to ‘studio’ drivers for the GPU.

i checked the logs and im getting
ERROR:gpu_init.cc(426)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is disabled
might you know what that means?

The first thing I’d try would be to either rollback drivers (“working on this project for roughly 3 months now without any issues but suddenly out of nowhere”) or:

Use to ‘studio’ drivers for the GPU.

1 Like

try verifying the integrity of the engine installation files because on my computer the launcher decided some of the files are not the original files anymore and deleted them or it rejected them or something. It did this with my installation of RedDeadRedemption2 which was a pain and both the UE4.7 and UE5 installations

1 Like

UPDATE

I changed the project from DX12 to DX11 and it fixed it

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.