Download

Unreal Engine Keeps Crashing

I was working on my project earlier today, and I was editing a capsule component. I tried to play my level, and then Unreal crashed. I went to edit the character with the capsule component, and I couldn’t. When I try to edit the capsule, the details panel wouldn’t show up and I can’t move it, and Unreal keeps crashing when I try to run a level with a character in it.

I think this is a bug with Unreal, but I am not sure. Could anyone help me?

(This is my first post here, and I am not sure if it is in the right catagory. Should I move it?)

Thanks

Not really sure where to place this thread, so I’ve simply moved it to general for now.
Check your log files (<GameName>\Saved\Logs<GameName>.log) and see if that provides and useful information.
If you haven’t already, do a search for similar terms on the AnswerHub.

Hi SIRSWAG,

Do you mean in your character bluepirnt, when you click on capsule and nothing show up in panel? Even if you restart editor, the problem won’t fix?

If you are experiencing the above bug, then I think it is the same bug I encounter a few month before, and I posted it on AnswerHub:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/210188/detail-panel-missing-in-character-blueprint.html

Long story short, the Epic staff said it is a known bug and they are trying to fix it. If you have ways to make it happen again, maybe you can

inform them how to recreate the bug.

For now, I don’t think there is anyway to fix the bug beside create a new blueprint.

P.S. If you know how to prevent the bug from happening or fix it. Please let me know :3