Unreal Engine keeps crashing

I started using Unreal Engine today but every time I right click on something, the editor freezes and crashes. I am using the third person view blueprint and I have a good PC with an i7-8750H, GTX 1060 and 16gb ram. Please fix this

On a laptop you need to go into the Nvidia Control Panel and under 3D Settings set it to use the Nvidia GPU for everything. Otherwise it doesn’t necessarily use the Nvidia GPU when needed and it can’t run properly on the Intel GPU

Ender Duck I was having similar issues until I followed these instructions:

1.) If on laptop, open the Nvidia GeForce Experience, and set “Battery Boost” to OFF

• Also, ensure the AC power adapter is connected when launching the Editor

2.) To open your registry open your start menu and type “run” once the window is open type “regedit” and hit OK

Now you should have Registry Editor open this is where you will use the info at the website I just linked.

First navigate the key path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

Right click on GraphicsDrivers and go to new> DWORD (32 bit) value

You will see a new key appear make sure to name it “TdrDelay”

Right click it and select “modify”

Under Value data enter 10 (this is the number of seconds to delay) make sure you have Decimal selected as the base

Hit okay and restart your system

NB: I think if I can recall you leave the Value Data enter to its default, if not make the change to 10 then restart your hardware. Check on a regular basis that your drivers for your pc/laptop, is regularly up to date, as that may cause the crashing issues.

There’s a Youtube clip going around showing how it’s actually done, if you are not successful in finding it I’ll locate it in the coming days and forward it to you as that resolved the issue (no more crashing). The above will get you started till then!

Regards

I also was having similar issues.

For me the solution was to make sure that my GPU was not overclocked.

I am using a Acer Predator G3-571 and the software Acer provides to monitor processor temperatures (PredatorSense) didn’t allow me to change overclocking settings.

Long story short I followed the steps in this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5FFCug83Ko. I selected Normal mode and everything worked perfectly in the engine.

Hopfully someone finds this helpful in the future.

if all these other suggestions fail, I found switching to 4.23.1 has stopped all my crashes I started having in 4.24.3( every 5mins or so).

u can have multiple engines installed all at once on your machine, give it a go and see if the crashes go away?

I haven’t had a crash in over 3 weeks.

hope this helps.

God Bless you. May Jesus Christ be Charitable unto you.

Acts 10 : 33 - 48, google it, its Awesome.