Unreal Engine Keeps Crashing

Hello guys, please help.
I just installed my Unreal Engine but it keeps crashing on random occasion.
Mostly on Editor.
I cant do anything and start my project on this condition.
Here’s my Notebook specs :

• Acer Nitro 5 Intel Core i7-8750HQ
  • RAM 16 GB
  • GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX1060 6GB

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Dan

This is probably not the place to post crash problems. Try the answerhub next time.

1. First try installing latest GPU drivers.

2. If that doesn’t do it, the problem would probably get fixed either by uninstalling ue4 and reinstalling, Or if you move your content to a new clean project. Do this first, and if that doesn’t fix it, try uninstalling and reinstalling ue4.

3. You should’ve googled for similar crashes and looked for possible solutions there.

Adjust the settings in the Nvidia control panel to set the Nvidia GPU to control everything, otherwise Windows will try to assign the Intel GPU to some things and it does a bad job.

Oh, sorry for posting on wring catagory. I’ll try Answerhub now.
Thanks.

Done. Hopefully this is works.
Will be updated soon. Thank you.

Gee so freakin helpful. Why even say this? This came up as literally the first google result for me. Besides sometimes it helps to find different solutions because not every solution will work for everyone. Besides sometimes its much easier to be walked through a solution instead of following solutions found and being stumped when they don’t work.

mr Watterson,

what version of the engine are you using? 4.24.3? 4.25?

I have personal experience with 4.24.3, it was crashing in the editor every 5mins or so, some of the problems might have carried over to 4.25,

I switched to version 4.23.1, and have not had a single crash in over 3 weeks … not one.

not every version of unreal is stable right away, if its unstable, I suggest trying version 4.23.1, it works perfectly for me.

no catch either, u do “not” have to uninstall your current version, you can simply download 4.23.1, test it to see if it works for you like it does for me, and leave whatever version u have currently installed.

they do end up fixeing the bugs, but such fixes can take some serious time.

and if your an indie developer, 4.23.1 will have a lot for u, should be enough to build your entire game, and many xpacs. by that time they will have the bugs fixed.

hope this helps.

God Bless you. May Jesus Christ be Charitable unto you.

Acts 10 : 33 - 48, google it, its Awesome.