Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

Just these registry keys (as Decimal DWORD values) worked for me! Thank you!

Thank you, this fixed it for me too (crashes started to appear when rendering 4k image sequences with raytracing).

I was also having the same issue for
past few months but I solved it now

I solved it today, the main cause for my problem was the throttling issue. And my GPU is MX150 not a good one, it doesnā€™t has battery optimization in the geForce Experience.
I downloaded the ā€œThrottleStopā€ application, you can also use XTU.
I used ThrottleStop as my system dosenā€™t supported XTU

1. Disable Turbo(or turn on)
  2. Disable Throttle

And now youā€™re done.
all my games are working flawlessly.

Did u try disabling BATTERY BOOST and WHISPER MODE in geforce experience?
Try that. Then we well see what to do next.

Iā€™m having this problem on Windows 10 with Unreal Editor 4.22. I have tried following fixes in this post but nothing is resolving it. Changing TdrDdiDelay and TdrDelay only delay the inevitable. UE4 crashes every 3-4 hours now. I am seeing a notification pop up on the windows 10 notifications telling me that Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. I have done some research on this and it seems that the application (in this case UE4Editor.exe) is attempting to misconfigure the driver somehow which is then resulting in the system blocking the application from the graphics driver. When this occurs, UE4Editor then crashes with D3D Lost error. I have no difficulty playing games on the system. Iā€™ve run out of ideas how to actually resolve this particular problem. It does not matter what iā€™m doing with UE4Editor it crashes. It crashes if I leave the computer and go away for a while, it crashes when iā€™m editing blueprints, or when iā€™m testing something by running the project. I am running 2 Nvidia 1080ā€™s and generally they are set to maximise performance SLI configuration.

Iā€™m running on an I7 desktop with two Nvidia 1080ā€™s not a laptop so there isnā€™t an option for battery boost in Geforce Experience. My problem is that i keep getting notified that Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware which then means the UE4Editor crashes.
I have disabled SLI for the UE4 Editor to see if that improves things.

To recreate this, i am finding that opening up 2 different projects with the same engine version (4.22 for me) will lead to one of them crashing after a while. Windows 10 will block the application from accessing the graphics hardware which triggers the crash. It does seem to go in order of opening. Like so:
Open Project A
Open Project B
Project A crashes after several hours
Open Project A again
Project B Crashes after several hours.

I have improved the uptime of both projects to a day ( so now I only have a daily crash) by turning of SLI mode for UE4Editor.ext in 4.22 folder. The SLI mode is set to maximise performance on Nvidia Control Panel.

I do not have any crashes in UE4 games, just the editor.

I have resolved this and not experienced any more crashes because Iā€™ve taken out the 2nd graphics card and now the system isnā€™t using SLI.

I just found a solution that worked for me. I disabled the nvidia in-game overlay. I just unchecked the box in geforce experience, and now it works. I hope this helps others who may still be looking for an answer. Sorry to necro the thread, but this is the top hit on Google. It took me forever to find a solution, so I want it to be easier for the next person for whom this works.

im getting this error really need help wont open insurgency

Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0020 - ā€˜INTERNAL_ERRORā€™)

Hey Man, you are describing exactly my experience on a high end machine with UE v4.24, did you find anything?
cheers

Feels like beating a dead horse at this point, but I am still having this issue- but this time it is with Outriders.
I run a fully customized Gaming Desktop, so I donā€™t need to plug anything in (laptops)

I have updated all my graphics drivers, Windows updates, Unreal Engine through the Epic Launcherā€¦

ā€œā€œUnreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - ā€˜HUNGā€™)ā€ā€ is the code I keep getting.

Itā€™s crashed twice now, once was right at the beginning of the prologue and the other was within 5 minutes of that.

I have the same problem as you, did u fixed it yet?

Im running at desktop pc with one gpu 1080ti on windows10, i found these games crashes with this error:
Ready or not,PUBG,Borderlands3.
I tried adding DWORD, update all drivers and windows updates, checking game files and even reinstalling the whole system.
Yet it still crashes, running the game for minutes and it just freezed and error popped out.
Btw, adding thoes dword to the regi just made the crash freezing my whole system, cant do nothing but to force shutdown by pressing power button physically.

Hello, I have the same problem. Im running the same setup as you and nothing above helped me. Did you find fix?