Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

Hello, I am making my project in the 4.13.2 version, when released version 4.14 had the same problem, I thought to wait and fix the error, but released version 4.15 and the same problem, I’m sorry did not write at once.

My system:
intel i5-3230m
nvidia 635m
8 gb ram

Fatal error: [File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.15+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 176]
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - ‘HUNG’)

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:349]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!TerminateOnDeviceRemoved() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:176]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!VerifyD3D11Result() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:225]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11Viewport::PresentChecked() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:289]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11Viewport::Present() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:472]
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIEndDrawingViewport() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:591]
UE4Editor_RHI!FRHICommandList::EndDrawingViewport() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:1360]
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer!FSlateRHIRenderer::DrawWindow_RenderThread() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderer.cpp:847]
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer!TGraphTask<FSlateRHIRenderer::DrawWindows_Private'::35’::EURCMacro_SlateDrawWindowsCommand>::ExecuteTask() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:883]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:954]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:701]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:325]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:459]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]

Hi arc.lem,

We are aware of the d3d hung issue and have made ticket for all of the different cases: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-42280)

Look at the ticket for a small list of workarounds that may help the issue.

If you want a quick and easy workaround that seemed to help a lot of people do the following.

Open the editor, open the Content Browser, select View Options (eye icon bottom right), and uncheck Real-Time Thumbnails. Source: here Thank You: IronicParadox

Cheers,

Ed

if you are using a laptop… do the following first.

connect your laptop to charger. open unreal engine and open file menu and hover mouse over it. if it works fine leave it. mostly the crash won't happen.

disconnect your laptop from charger. now again... open unreal engine and open file menu and hover mouse over it. MOSTLY NOW... THE CRASH MAY OCCUR.

IF THE CRASH OCCURS… DO THE FOLLOWING.

NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE → GAMES → BATTER BOOST → DISABLE IT !!!

AFTER DISABLING BATTERY BOOST ON NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE… TRY THE ABOVE 2ND STEP AGAIN. NOW…IT SHOULD BE WORKING FINE MOSTLY.